GitHub helps businesses succeed with GitHub so they can build better software together. We are passionate about helping bring GitHub to developers at companies and organizations all over the world. Our engagement is across OpenSource communities, Professional Developers, Independent Software Vendors (ISV), Startups and Enterprises.
We are looking for a Developer Ecosystem & Market Engagement leader to provide direction to our depth and breadth engagement strategies in the India market. The role will work closely on Developer Relations, onboarding Indian ISV for integration with GitHub and support our Startup ecosystem outreach activities.
As the ideal candidate, you have the aptitude and passion to become a master of GitHub’s product capabilities, underlying technology, and competitive advantages, as well as have successful experience building successful engagement programs. You are also a proven leader, having developed and managed a team of high performing business development professionals or developer advocates.
As the Director of Developer Ecosystem & Market Engagement, you report to the Country Manager of GitHub India and will lead technical, business, and GTM alignment with our key external and internal stakeholders. This involves driving awareness, building alliances, owning specific programs, and evolving & growing a team focused on an ecosystem that is building on top of or integrating with GitHub.
- Develop & Lead Developer Outreach strategy. You will lead our developer engagement activities to grow GitHub’s support to the community in India.
- Onboard Independent Software Vendors on GitHub. Engage GitHub’s global top 50 ISV and breadth technology partners. You will also be responsible to Identify & Recruit ISVs in India for GitHub integration/marketplace.
- Work with Startup Ecosystem across VCs, Incubators, Accelerators and startup-forums to support the vibrant startup community by leveraging GitHub to accelerate innovation
- Represent GitHub in key community, industry & influencer forums. Engage with executives from influential ecosystem partners, VCs, enterprises.
- Provide Leadership to drive high level collaboration and coordination with various business functions or joint development efforts with external parties to facilitate the planning process, setting goals & milestones, and creation of comprehensive timelines taking into account available resources, dependencies, budget, priorities and other constraints. Take ownership of tracking overall team progress and provide detailed management status reports, including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). This will manifest in your ability to embody our ‘growth mindset’ leadership principle to drive continued improvement
Who You Are:
- A person with high emotional IQ, with an understanding of how to manage both internal and external stakeholder priorities and differences.
- High energy and action-oriented. A history of getting things done in complex environments. Someone who can influence others and implement change and standardize processes. Have the energy level and results-orientation required to succeed in a high growth company.
- You have a self-starter mentality, yet a team player with a collaborative approach.
- You have integrity beyond reproach and the ethical soundness of a true leader.
- Strong relationship (and reputation) in the India community/ecosystem.
- You possess strong analytical skills and particular attention to detail with good business judgment and exceptional maturity, diplomacy, and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- You are results-oriented with a strong work ethic. You are also tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches.
- 14+ years of Developer Relations/Business Development/Alliance experience and at least 2 years of people management experience
- You have expertise and proven leadership skills gained through a successful track record in executing on high visibility partnerships and programs
- Demonstrable experience hiring, mentoring and leading high performance teams. Ability to recruit and retain top industry talent.
Ability to create a performance and metrics-focused culture.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.