We're looking for an IT Generalist in Hyderabad to join our growing IT organization. To learn more about the role, please read on!
As our first IT Generalist in Hyderabad, this person would prioritize making things happen and dedicating themselves to supporting their fellow GitHub employees, while building a structure for future team members in the region. We want someone who is experienced, passionate about IT, self-motivated, and who will find clever ways of helping us work better together.
If you're an organized individual that is comfortable working on a broad set of IT projects and are interested in streamlining existing processes (i.e. working smarter, not harder), read on. In addition and equally as important, if you genuinely enjoy working closely with humans, and would be excited about building up and owning what internal IT looks like at GitHub -- this role might be a great match!
This position is located in our office in Hyderabad, India.
- Triaging issues from employees, and troubleshooting with individuals one-on-one
- Providing support in areas such as access management, video conferencing, remote user experience, internal products, and mobile technology
- Windows, macOS, and mobile device management support
- Front line for network problems, working with and learning from our network experts
- Managing and assisting with access to third-party software (e.g. Google Apps, Asana, etc.)
- Providing remote hands support for security and networking teams
- A/V Support for general troubleshooting, conference rooms and live events
- Purchasing and managing assets (computers, monitors, software licenses, etc)
Qualifications for the role:
- Fantastic communication skills, both written and verbal
- At least 4 years of experience supporting a company's IT operation
- Service-oriented mindset and the ability to empathize with a wide range of technical experience
- Extensive and demonstrated experience troubleshooting macOS, Windows and mobile devices
- Experience with networked and mobile computing environments
- Exposure to scripting and software development
- Must be legally authorized to work in India
- Knowledgeable of git and the GitHub workflow (this is how we work)
- Experience with SAML based single sign-on solutions and SaaS tools such as Slack/Google Workspace (formerly G Suite)
- Experience with MDM solutions like Jamf, Intune, etc.
- Exposure to networking and information security
- Experience with VOIP, phone, and A/V support
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.