GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub!
Microsoft and GitHub have teamed up to deliver Azure DevOps, the devops tool of choice for many of Microsoft’s biggest and most important customers. Our job is to continue to support and advance Azure DevOps while building a bridge for customers to migrate to GitHub.
For that we’re looking for an experienced product manager to join GitHub supporting the platform area of the Azure DevOps product. The platform team in Azure DevOps is responsible to maintain and improve key shared capabilities like identity and access management, security, policy, and compliance for our top customers; scale Azure DevOps infrastructure; improve administrative capabilities; and build tools and processes to improve our own engineer productivity. You can learn more about Azure DevOps here:
In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to work as a Senior Product Manager with a globally distributed, diverse and a passionate team. You’ll work with a team of product managers, designers, and engineers, to research, create and maintain features and experiences for the Azure DevOps product and deliver them into the hands of millions of developers across the world. You will also develop expertise in the Azure DevOps product features, evangelize its usage and support our customers through their DevOps journey.
- Own the product vision for the Azure DevOps platform area. Ensure that it aligns with the overall product and company vision, and help our customers succeed.
- Engage with our top Azure DevOps customers, identity opportunities to retain and grow our monthly engaged usage.
- Become an expert on the domain, the market, the trends, and the history. Evangelize your vision so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
- Represent the customer. Be the champion and voice of customers. Build intimate, personal customer relationships. Bring the customer's voice into the creation process.
- Manage the roadmap. Make tough tactical prioritization decisions while helping the company think long-term. Build trust with stakeholders by maintaining an understandable, accurate roadmap.
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a team. Product managers play a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams and stakeholders. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job.
- Measure success. Own the measures used to define success for your product. Success measures must be defined at the inception of a product and tracked throughout its lifecycle. Make measures visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypotheses.
- Develop new opportunities. With your finger on the pulse of the market, the customers and the engineering teams, you are uniquely positioned to discover and develop new opportunities.
- 3-5+ years of engineering, developer evangelism, product management, program management, or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to discover opportunities and define and deliver products.
- Experience of building platform features across a product/service, deep understanding of administrator’s needs in an enterprise on security and compliance areas.
- Experience building features for a cloud service/application, SaaS at scale.
- Strong technical abilities including experience with developer tools.
- Familiarity with modern software development practices.
- Previous experience working with a software delivery team.
- Willingness to travel anywhere to our developer communities, staying productive and professional on the roads.
- Entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to act effectively with only high-level direction
- Experience working across organizations with Sales, Marketing, Support, Product, Engineering and Design.
- Strong communication skills: enthusiastic and clear verbal communicator as well as explicit and mindful written communication skills.
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy and understanding.
- Strong analytical capabilities. You excel at and enjoy building models and decomposing complex structures and data into useful primitives and analyses.
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex feedback into actionable priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary teams and projects.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.