GitHub is the home for software development, where developers collaborate to build some of the world’s most important software.
One key area of focus is Code Intelligence, organizing the world’s code and making it easier to explore and understand. The Code Intelligence team at GitHub is building new experiences to navigate, search, and understand all code across repositories.
Your main responsibility will be to work on the user facing experiences for developers, reviewers, and maintainers, leveraging the work of our Code Intelligence back-end teams The opportunities are endless, from creating code suggestions to finding out who is calling your library’s APIs to searching across your dependencies.
- Design, develop and scale GitHub’s new Code Intelligence features.
- Evaluate and recommend solutions, and guide team decision making
- Help to coordinate with engineering and product leadership to define and prioritize projects that help us meet business objectives
- Document the systems you help build, monitor, and maintain
- Coordinate with product, design, and support to maintain a backlog of priorities
- Improve the scalability and performance of our platform
- Mentor, pair, and delegate work to encourage the professional and technical growth of those around you
- 5+ years experience building web applications at scale
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Passionate about fostering good engineering practices and processes
- Solid knowledge of testing principles
- Experience with API design
- Experience of building large, high traffic web applications and services
- Experience writing tools or applications for developers
- Experience working in remote teams
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience building applications in Ruby
- Experience implementing interfaces for data-intensive features
- Experience in maintaining performance in complex front-end scenarios
- Experience in (or curiosity about!) information retrieval, code navigation, and reporting
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.