Github is looking for a motivated Tax Manager with broad tax knowledge and with prior operational experience. This individual will need to work in collaboration with both GitHub and Microsoft resources, work cross-functionally with various finance leads and in a fast-paced environment.
Sales & Use Tax
- Coordinate filing sales & use tax returns
- Manage the response to notices from local tax authorities
- Coordinate sales & use tax audits
- EU VAT quarterly on-line return via NL MOSS system. (review, audit & approval)
- Non-EU countries on local sites (AU, IN, IC JP, NZ, RS, TK, CA & TW)
- Respond to VAT notices from local tax authorities and customer/advisor questions
- Handle VAT audits
- Respond to customer questions concerning sales & use tax, VAT, withholding tax, exemption certificates, etc
- Handle internal customer contracts related questions
- Support R&D analysis conducted in order to qualify for R&D tax credits
- Support Microsoft tax team with the data necessary for federal & state tax returns, statutory reports, international tax returns, property tax, etc
- File estimated international tax payments
- Participate in transfer pricing related issues
- Support nexus and E&P studies
- Develop SOX type matrix showing data flow, due dates & departments involved
- Handle general tax issues and questions
- 4-7 years of relevant tax experience in public accounting and/or corporate tax department. In-house tax experience is strongly preferred
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Prior experience working with limited supervision and leading projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of management
- A strong ability to work in a team environment and willing to "roll up your sleeves”
- Strong analytical skills with attention to details
- Motivated and able to work independently while managing multiple tasks
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.