GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. With over 36 million users, we are the system of record for global software development for individuals and enterprises alike.
We are looking for a Director of Business Development - ISV and Partner Programs to expand our ecosystem direction in collaboration with our sales, support, and operations teams. As the ideal candidate, you have the aptitude and passion to become a master of GitHub’s product capabilities, underlying technology, and competitive advantages, as well as have proven experience building successful alliance partnerships. You are also a proven leader, having developed and managed a team of high performing business development professionals.
As the Director of Business Development - ISV and Partner Programs, you report to the VP of Business Development and will lead technical, business, and GTM alignment with our key ISV partners as well as evolve our programmatic efforts. This involves building alliances, owning specific partner programs, and evolving and growing a team focused on an ecosystem that is building on top of or integrating with GitHub.
You will be responsible for:
- Lead GitHub’s ISV and partnership program strategy with our Top 50 ISV and breadth technology partners.
- Inform the platform roadmap by closely collaborating cross-functionally with the Product, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, PR and the Operations teams.
- Drive high level collaboration and coordination with various business functions or joint development efforts with external parties to facilitate the planning process, setting goals & milestones, and creation of comprehensive timelines taking into account available resources, dependencies, budget, priorities and other constraints.
- Lead Partner outreach, motivate and guide the partner directly or via programmatic means to create a successful joint business and technical integration with GitHub.
- Make our partners successful by maintaining direct and active relationships with partners, including proactively resolving business, technical, and policy issues
- Lead and execute the go-to-market plan with partner through joint PR, marketing, co-selling, developer relations enablement and materials
- Enable GitHub sales teams with content, training, and incentives on specific Partner solutions that can help accelerate deals or expand opportunities
- Closely collaborate with Partners to produce and execute joint prospecting events and ensure Partner and GitHub sales team exhibit the right teaming behaviors (i.e. account mapping, account info. exchange etc.)
- Represent GitHub in external meetings with executives from influential ecosystem companies as well as industry events and conferences
- Ability to travel 20% of the time
- Take ownership of tracking overall team progress and provide detailed management status reports, including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Embody our ‘growth mindset’ leadership principle to drive continued improvement
- Bay Area based opportunity (preferred).
Who you are:
- A person with high emotional IQ, with an understanding of how to manage both internal and external stakeholder priorities and differences.
- High energy and action-oriented. A history of getting things done in complex environments. Someone who can influence others and implement change and standardize processes. Have the energy level and results-orientation required to succeed in a high growth company.
- You have a self-starter mentality, yet a team player with a collaborative approach.
- You have integrity beyond reproach and the ethical soundness of a true leader.
- You possess strong analytical skills and particular attention to detail with good business judgment and exceptional maturity, diplomacy, and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- You are results-oriented with a strong work ethic. You are also tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches.
- 8+ years of Business Development/Alliance experience and at least 2 years of people management experience
- You have expertise and proven leadership skills gained through a successful track record in executing on high visibility partnerships and programs
- Demonstrable experience hiring, mentoring and leading high performance teams. Ability to recruit and retain top industry talent.
- Ability to create a performance and metrics-focused culture.
- High energy and positive attitude.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.