GitHub helps businesses succeed with GitHub so they can build better software, together. We are passionate about helping bring GitHub to developers at companies and organizations all over the world.
GitHub is looking for a Marketing Manager to build and execute successful marketing programs in India. The Marketing Manager will work on marketing initiatives to drive GitHub India’s growth and also partner with sales to support revenue, pipeline and other goals of the region. They will collaborate closely with the global marketing team to build account based marketing campaigns, adapt messaging and campaigns for execution in region, and communicate the field's needs back to corporate marketing. The Marketing Manager also works closely with the GitHub community team to drive events, hack-a-thons and meetups to foster a stronger relationship with our developer community.
The right candidate understands end-to-end customer journey in enterprise sales, is driven by data and results, and has a high bar for success. The role is designed for a seasoned field marketer who has successfully partnered with sales at an enterprise technology company.
This role is based in Bangalore.
- Develop and execute field marketing plans that supports India region sales strategy. Provide guidance to sales about marketing tactics to achieve their goals
- Create and execute account-based marketing strategies within designed framework aligning to sales needs and goals
- Identify, plan, execute and track a variety of regional programs including GitHub-hosted events, sponsored events and tradeshows, user group meetings and regional customer meetings
- Support Developer Community led workshops, events and hack-a-thons
- Work with the identified PR agency to support GitHub India communications objectives
- Work with Field Sales, Sales Development and Account Management teams to deliver results for regional demand generation campaigns
- Ensure timely lead routing and follow up with local teams to track success metrics
- Establish and proactively manage regional budget, being vigilant in tracking; evaluate results against goals
- Generate learnings for improvement and document field marketing best practices
- Help drive and coordinate the creation of customer case studies, news stories, press releases, and event communications. Provide field feedback to corporate marketing
- Be the face of marketing to the field sales teams, and work with sales enablement to communicate marketing initiatives in a timely manner
- Liaison with event managers and other 3rd party agencies to run marketing objectives
- Consolidate market intelligence to present a ‘State of the Market’ report on a regular basis
- Manage GitHub India’s social media presence (twitter handle engagement etc)
- 10+ years of experience in event or field marketing, preferably in enterprise technology
- Proven track record of working with sales organization to build and deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to execute successful projects with minimal guidance in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Attention to detail and strong program management skills to juggle multiple projects and requests
- Clear, thoughtful communicator (verbal and written)
- Must be comfortable contributing strategically as well as lead day-to-day tactical execution
- Eager to roll up your sleeves and get it done
- Experience marketing to developers, engineering management, and system administrators a plus
- Comfortable with 35%-50% travel in India
- Responsible for end to end field event execution including planning, logistics and shipping, on-site event management, and post event follow up and reporting.
- Create email and web marketing promotions and programs to support field marketing initiatives
- Ensure closed loop lead management and metrics using Salesforce.com and Looker with marketing and sales operations teams
- Process event contracts, vendor communication, and invoicing working closely with procurement, legal and finance
- Work closely with field marketing team to coordinate and project manage India events calendar
- Collaborate with sales enablement team to provide timely communications about field marketing initiatives
- Having worked on Developer marketing with be desirable but not mandatory
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.