Do you want to revolutionize the way developers build and use packages? Come join the GitHub Package Registry team and help reshape how current and future developers publish and consume packages all over the world.
We’re looking for an experienced full-stack engineer to work on our new and growing product GitHub Package Registry. This role is specifically for our Npm, RubyGems, Nuget, and Maven ecosystems.
- You will maintain and be responsible for our Npm, RubyGems, Nuget, and Maven registries and corresponding front ends.
- You will work closely with the front end ecosystems teams at Github to bring emerging technologies to the Packages team
- You will collaborate closely with Product and Design teams to build new features
- You will evaluate and recommend solutions, and guide team decision making
- You will document the systems you help build
- You will coordinate with engineering and product leadership to define and prioritize projects that help us meet business objectives
- You will mentor, pair, and delegate work to encourage the professional and technical growth of those around you
- You will work with support to triage and debug technical support requests
- 5 + years experience developing web applications
- Experience with Ruby, NodeJS, and/or Go based back end systems, or something similar and a willingness to learn
- SQL and general database knowledge
- Experience with RESTful API design and/or GraphQL
- Solid knowledge of testing principles
- A strong sense of product and an affinity for the human who is using it
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal (particularly as part of a remote team)
- An appreciation for infrastructure, though expertise is not required. Experience with various package types is a big plus.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.