GitHub is changing the way the world builds secure software and we want you to help change the way we secure GitHub. We're looking for an experienced technical engineering manager to help lead a vibrant and geographically distributed group of security operations engineers focused on telemetry and vulnerability management as they continue to protect the source code for millions of projects. The primary goal of this job is to enable every team member to do the best work of their lives.
As a technical manager, you will lead a group of highly technical security engineers, advocate for them, guide technical discussions, work to hire a diverse group of incredibly talented people, and more.
If you have a foundation in information security and telemetry, enjoy supporting humans across all experience levels and fancy helping build and manage a world class security team, then this might be the gig for you.
Here are some of the signs of a successful Engineering Manager at GitHub:
- The team always understands the “why” and knows what success looks like for any given activity.
- The team builds security infrastructure and tools that are architecturally consistent and of high quality.
- Team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership.
- The team ships new and updated security tooling and infrastructure regularly.
- Individuals on the team are learning, growing and advancing in their respective careers.
We value collaboration, empathy, quality, positive impact and shipping. You will excel when the way you work reflects these values. We want you to enable every team member to do the best work of their lives and we'll partner to enable the same for you.
In this position, you will work closely with the Director of Security Operations. You will also be part of a community dedicated to making a positive impact at work and at large.
You may be a good fit if:
- You love coaching, mentoring, sponsorship and helping others improve.
- You are tenacious, highly organized and laser focused when working toward a goal.
- Your decisions are inclusive and timely.
- You have participated in development and implementation of appropriate and effective controls to mitigate identified threats and risks.
- You have led a team that builds and operates security telemetry infrastructure and tooling.
- You have knowledge of telemetry systems/tools, like ELK, Splunk, Azure Data Explorer (Kusto), and TICK stacks.
- You have worked with data ingestion pipelines at scale.
- You have operational experience with Nexpose, Nessus, Qualys or similar scanning tools.
- You have collaborated with security incident response teams on data collections, insights and analysis.
- You have working experience with Ruby, Python or Go.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.