Software is Eating the World! GitHub sits at the center of this transformation -- the place where over 40 million people collaborate on more than 100 million hosted software development projects.
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Strategic Finance team. The successful candidate will work directly with business partners and members of our senior leadership team to develop plans and set goals, then achieve them through effective team collaboration. We’re looking for organized thinkers who can juggle multiple projects and be responsible for key growth initiatives. This is a great opportunity to join a small team helping to scale a high growth SaaS business.
- Planning & Measuring. Plan the financial trajectory of the business. Work with stakeholders across functional groups to instrument the business and gain exposure to the full P&L with end-to-end accountability. Determine key metrics and advise on how resources should be deployed to achieve them.
- Reporting & Communication. Contribute to building the company’s financial plan and drive monthly reporting packages. Regularly communicate and collaborate with business partners. Surface the performance of key financial and operational metrics to business stakeholders.
- Strategic Insights & Forecasting. Embrace new information and proactively look for ways to better understand business performance. Leverage new information to help improve visibility and forecasting.
- Education. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Work Experience. 3-5 years of relevant work experience, for example investment banking/research, VC / PE, or a SaaS business.
- Technical Experience. Experience with sophisticated financial modeling and working with large data sets. Direct company FP&A experience partnering with business leaders is a plus.
- Business Intuition. Solid understanding of the key drivers of a SaaS business.
- Communication Skills. Distill and simplify complex financial concepts for all audiences.
- Self-Starter Mentality. Proactive thinker looking to build processes that scale.
- Interpersonal Skills. Build trust and effectively collaborate cross-functionally.
- Legal. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Location. San Francisco, CA.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.