GitHub is growing and looking for an experienced Project Manager to help us continue our streak of building beautiful, award-winning offices. This role will be an integral part of a team of innovative professionals shaping our built environment by establishing best construction management practices and procedures as we scale.
The ideal candidate is comfortable planning, coordinating, and implementing projects within the decided-upon budget, timeline, and scope. Strong communication and collaboration are central to GitHub’s working environment and culture, so we need someone who can clearly articulate their ideas, integrate feedback well, and effectively present project updates to relevant stakeholders, clients, leadership, and/or project team members. This person will represent GitHub externally so the ability to build strong relationships with vendors and contractors on an international scale is also critical.
This role is based in San Francisco, CA reporting to our lead Project Manager under the Workplace Experience team.
- Manage capital and tenant improvement projects while coordinating diverse, concurrent activities. Successfully define project implementation strategies and articulate plans to consultants, contractors, leadership, and project team members to attain objectives.
- Oversee financial management on each project, specifically budget & cash flow planning, accrual accounting and reconciliation processes.
- Monitor applicable cost metrics (e.g. square foot and/or unit costs for design, interior tenant finish and general construction, FF&E, and associated project costs) and implement "value engineering" activities as needed. Complete projects on time and at or under budget.
- Provide vendor oversight and performance management: Prepare Request for Proposal (RFP’s), RFQ’s, PER’s, and other project approval tools & templates. Review and approval of vendor scope of work, and design review of site and building plans. Validate vendor pay-application and invoice review and approval.
- Ensure sustainability practices used in the construction and operations of facilities meeting GitHub’s goals of carbon net-neutrality. Create opportunities to meet LEED and/or WELL standards whenever possible.
- 3+ years of construction management with expertise in multiple large multi-faceted projects and in-depth knowledge of construction practices (e.g. terms, estimating, scheduling, delivery, and understanding construction documents).
- Knowledge of space planning principles and programming processes.
- Solid understanding of Federal, State and local laws and regulations related to real estate and construction.
- Basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, AV & IT systems operations.
- Experience working internationally; cultural sensitivity to communications and business engagement.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.