GitHub helps the best companies in the world succeed by enabling them to build better software, together. We're looking for an Inside Solutions Engineer based in the San Francisco Bay Area to provide pre-sales support for our rapidly-growing customer base. An Inside Solutions Engineer works with sales to identify and communicate solutions to meet customers' business needs. This person acts as a resource for the sales and customer success teams, crafts product feedback to help shape our technical direction, assists customers as our front-line technical support team, and builds relationships with other functional departments within the company. At GitHub, our SE team sharpens these skills while mirroring our company core values:
- Positive Impact
We're extremely passionate about the quality of our work. If you’re looking to expand your technical capabilities while remaining customer-obsessed, you might be a fit for this role!
We are looking to fill this position on an immediate basis in San Francisco to cover Northern California accounts.
- Partner with our Corporate Sales team
- Match customer needs with product capabilities
- Align business requirements with product features
- Help customers be successful using GitHub and the GitHub Flow
- Answer technical questions about GitHub and help customers and prospects to take full advantage of the GitHub platform
- Understand customer environments including DevOps pipelines, code deployment options and network infrastructure
- Help customers integrate GitHub with their existing development tools and workflows
- Educate prospects on implementation and usage of GitHub Enterprise Cloud and GitHub Enterprise Server
- Capture customer successes and challenges, sharing feedback with our product teams and advocating for customer interests
- Maintain awareness of internal GitHub initiatives and software industry trends
- Contribute to internal documentation as a resource for other teams, customers, and partners
- 1-3 years of experience in sales/solutions engineering, technical consulting, technical support, or software development; customer-facing experience a plus
- Team-oriented and possess strong collaboration skills
- Passionate commitment to quality and success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly solve technical and business-related challenges
- Able to relate technical concepts to customers of all technical backgrounds
- Knowledge of Source Control Management (SCM) tools and workflows
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Must be legally authorized to travel and work in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific regions
- Ability to travel throughout the US and abroad (APAC, EMEA, etc), up to 25% of the time
- Must possess a relaxed, knowledgeable, and classy disposition front of people
- Fluent in English
- Experience working in or with medium to large software development teams
- Ability to work across different time zones
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub workflows
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of continuous integration, continuous delivery
- DevOps or Software Development experience
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.