GitHub is the home for all developers globally. We help businesses succeed by building better software, together. We are passionate about bringing GitHub to developers at companies and organizations all over the world.
GitHub is looking for a Director, Field Marketing Americas to lead a successful field marketing team with an integrated marketing approach. The Director, Field Marketing Americas will partner with Sales to support revenue, pipeline and other goals for Americas. They will collaborate closely with the Demand Gen team to build marketing campaigns, adapt messaging and campaigns for execution in regions, and communicate feedback from Sales back to corporate marketing teams. This is a leadership position that oversees four Field Marketing Managers in the Americas, as well as a vertical Field Marketing Manager. Additionally this role will represent the Marketing team in interactions with Sales and other parts of the business.
The right candidate understands end-to-end customer journey in enterprise sales, is driven by data and results, has a high bar for success, and leads by example in everything she or he does. The role is designed for a seasoned marketer who has successfully partnered with sales leadership, global teams, and Demand Gen at an enterprise technology company.
This role is based anywhere in the US.
- Lead a team of field marketers in their development and execution of field marketing plans for their regions.
- Provide guidance to Americass sales teams and leaders about marketing campaigns deployed to help them achieve their sales goals
- Partner with Demand Gen leadership and global Field Marketing leaders to create Campaign strategies and appropriate motions for use globally
- Drive regional strategy for GitHub-hosted events, sponsored events and tradeshows, user group meetings and regional customer meetings - ensuring that we have appropriate touchpoints for all stages of the buyers journey and that those touches are rationalized against ROI
- Partner with PMM and Sales to deliver a strategy for a co-sell motion with our partners and Sales teams at Microsoft
- Guide communication with Field Sales, Sales Development and Account Management teams regarding regional demand generation campaigns
- Lead and influence initiatives to improve lead routing, attribution, and database contact health in your region and across the business
- Establish and proactively manage regional budget, being vigilant in tracking; evaluate results against goals. Ensure team compliance with budget management.
- Generate learnings for improvement and document field marketing best practices
- Drive strategy and initiatives that help us bring the voice of the customer, news stories, press releases, and event communications to our tactics were appropriate.
- Maintain dialogue with corporate marketing, PMM, Demand Gen and other marketing and enablement teams to keep our efforts integrated across the business
- Be the face of marketing to the field sales teams, and work with sales enablement to communicate marketing initiatives in a timely manner
- 7-10+ years of experience in event or field marketing, preferably in enterprise technology
- Proven track record of working with sales organization to build and deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to execute successful projects with minimal guidance in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to partner with global teams and deliver joint projects
- Attention to detail and strong program management skills to juggle multiple projects and requests
- Clear, thoughtful communicator (verbal and written)
- Must be comfortable contributing strategically as well as lead day-to-day tactical execution
- Eager to roll up your sleeves and get it done
- Experience marketing to developers, engineering management, and system administrators a plus
- Experience running ABM strategies in the field a plus
- Comfortable with as much as 50% travel across the US
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.