We are seeking a highly motivated and energetic Director of Sales Training to join our San Francisco-based Enablement team to help create and drive the onboarding of our new hires. Your focus will be to accelerate ramp and maximize efficiency of the global sales team primarily through our first 90 days of our role-based program that will include optimization of the existing design, training, content and metrics. You’ll also collaborate with Sales Management to ensure they have the proper Sales Management tools to help ramp their new hire throughout their onboarding journey.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability and desire to perform hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves level that will help transform our sales organization. You’ll have spent time working with fast-paced hyper-growth oriented Sales teams and be competent in leading your own team. Finally, you’ll have experience establishing global programs that can be executed regionally in conjunction with headquarters.
- Own the strategy, development and execution for all onboarding activities: pre-work, new hire bootcamp at HQ, track onboarding activity completion, and learning paths across multiple sales roles. The sales roles include Sales Development, Account Management, Solutions Engineering, Enterprise reps and Professional Services roles.
- Optimize the design, content and delivery of our existing 30/60/90 day onboarding program comprised of in-classroom training, self-paced learning, peer-to-peer training, certification, and bootcamps for all sales roles who are new to GitHub and new-to-role.
- Measure the performance of a revenue generating team and the impact of the Sales Enablement onboarding program on that performance.
- Deliver training curriculum in a large class-style setting (50+ individuals), and train/coach team members as they deliver curriculum.
- Inspire and educate our new sales hires, integrating the building blocks for their role-specific learning path.
- Collaborate to react quickly to any decrease in metrics, putting a plan into place with stakeholders to make immediate improvements.
- Partner with Sales Management to identify knowledge and skill gaps across the field team and roll out targeted programs.
- Partner with the rest of the GitHub organization, including HR and Marketing to operationalize and scale onboarding.
- 10+ years of experience blending sales, sales enablement and marketing experience in the software/technology industry.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Ability to deliver content in an engaging and compelling manner.
- Experience in consultative and enterprise selling at both the business and technical leadership level and an understanding of the cloud and DevOps landscapes.
- Experience implementing Challenger Sales methodology.
- An interest in adult learning and a willingness to think outside of the box when constructing training programs.
- Proven track record in creating, delivering, and training successfully with measurable results in fast paced environments
- Experience implementing a Sales onboarding program in a frequently-changing business setting.
- Proven track record of working with and influencing sales members and executives
- Strong ability to represent concepts, as well as summarize and communicate complex ideas into curriculum with a strong sense of how sales professionals think, operate and absorb training
- An entrepreneurial problem-solving attitude and growth mindset
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and changing environment
- A collaborative working style, experience working across the company with teams of varied size to achieve common goals
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.