GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. With over 36 million users, we are the system of record for global software development for individuals and enterprises alike.
We are looking for an experienced Workplace Operations Manager to help us get our newest office in Bellevue - a gorgeous 65,000+ sq ft office, up-and-running. This role will be responsible for overseeing a well-stocked frictionless office, hiring a facilities manager to help run day-to-day operations, and developing an onsite events program that embodies our company values. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is passionate about curating company culture and shaping the employee experience.
The ideal candidate thrives on multitasking, being meticulous organized, and finding unorthodox solutions to problems. This person can easily shift gears between independent work and collaborative leadership. They also have a positive can-do attitude with an ear and eye to anticipating needs and a knack for equipping individuals to successfully adopt change.
This role is based in Bellevue, WA and reports to the Director of Global Workplace Experience.
- Responsible for building operations at 65,000+ sq ft office in Bellevue.
- Build, lead, and manage, and an operations team (facilities manager, vendors, contractors, etc).
- Partner with our Physical Security team and Project Manager to ensure alignment on Workplace Experience goals.
- Manage the quality of service levels, directing and coordinating maintenance, shipping, janitorial, lunches, snacks, janitorial, hot desking, event services, etc.
- Communicate program and policy information with regular updates to the team and employees.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Maintain and enhance strong relationships as building liaison. Lead tours for outside groups and new hires. Develop relationships with landlord, customers, and across various levels of GitHub.
- Create and manage office policies and procedures. Prioritize culture, safety, sustainability, and wellness.
- Build an onsite events program (i.e. happy hours, game nights, hackathons, etc.) that engage our customers and delight our employees.
- Act as a nurturer of company culture. Handle employee requests with a high degree of customer service and work to ensure our environment is productive, fun, inclusive and stimulating.
- Track utilization metrics & operational spend, and make recommendations to improve efficiency while maintaining quality experiences. Prepare an annual budget. Schedule expenditures, analyze variances, and initiate corrective actions as needed.
- Minimum of 5+ years relevant work experience ideally with a combination of facilities, operations, and event management.
- People management skills & experience, including hiring, performance management and coaching/mentoring.
- Knowledge of OSHA, EH+S, FDA and other standards and regulations.
- A thought leader with a passion for building communities and making workplaces operate seamlessly.
- Excellent attention to detail, great organizational skills, and solid judgment capabilities.
- Must have a team player attitude and be willing to collaborate with others.
- Equally awesome written and verbal communication skills.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.