GitHub Education has helped 1.8 million students learn to code with real-world tools. We’ve been able to help that many students through partners--distribution channels, product engagements, and integrations.
Partnerships are a core piece of our strategy to reach the next 10 million student developers, and now we seek an experienced Program Manager to craft the strategy and own the partnership experience. This role will drive:
- Our partnerships with networks like Hack Club and Major League Hacking help students learn to code by enabling global hackathon communities, as well as generate demand for our products.
- Our partnerships with developer products to boost engagement of the GitHub Student Developer Pack. Through the Pack, students have access to over $100,000 of developer tools from 70 different companies including Heroku, Digital Ocean, Microsoft Azure and Name.com.
- Our partnerships via integrations are a huge opportunity to extend our reach and become part of every classroom practice, everywhere.
This customer-facing role will manage external product relationships for the Student Developer Pack, audience distribution channels, and drive the strategy for integrations with products and platforms.
This role will involve frequent travel (~50%) to conferences and events to meet with partners and promote the products. This role may manage junior Program Managers, and will report to the Director of GitHub Education.
If you have experience in business development, account management, or partner engagement, we would love to talk to you.
- Serve as the point of contact for partners who wish to join the Student Developer Pack. Onboard new partners in time for quarterly launches, oversee their onboarding experience via the Honor Roll API. KPI: Quarterly partner NPS is 30 or above.
- Increase student engagement with Pack tools. Maintain the gallery of projects students can make with the Pack, ship drip and transactional campaigns to inspire students. Manage current Pack partners, work with partners to maximize distribution channels and marketing opportunities. KPI: Redemption rates for Pack partners is average 10% or above.
- Create integrations with like-minded products for mutual benefit. You will design the strategy for product integrations, recruit and negotiate with partners, and maintain a commitment to put the needs of the student first. KPI: Increase the number of students served by GitHub Education via partnerships to 5 million.
- Strategic thinking. You know where the market is going, and how to structure resources towards big goals.
- Self-starter. You spot opportunities and gaps, and proactively take steps to form solutions.
- Business development. You know who to talk to across Fortune 500 companies to get things done. You can address a partner’s needs, and fluidly align them with GitHub.
- Build fruitful relationships. You’ll put together a network of current and potential partners to support GitHub Education initiatives.
- Contract negotiation. You know how to craft a win/win agreement, and people want to re-up with you.
- Presentations and pitches. You’ll need to influence decision-makers to help all parties meet with success.
- Marketing and communications. You’ll communicate with partners consistently, and motivate them to engage with us further across the program.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.