GitHub is searching for a Payroll Analyst to support our growing, fast-paced organization. This person will play a significant role in our global payroll operations as well as domestic state and local tax review, ongoing analysis of payment discrepancies, and semi-monthly & monthly payroll reconciliations. A thorough understanding of payroll and accounting is critical in this role.
This position is based in our San Francisco office.
- Manage Global payroll operations
- Prepare and review payment discrepancy analysis. Work with the payroll service to find the cause of payroll discrepancies
- Manage the review of communication portals and provide support for company
- Assist employees on payroll-related inquiries
- Semi-Monthly & Monthly payroll audits. Present an overview of activities, document material changes and when required, work with the finance and accounting to resolve out of balance conditions
- Manage and audit the set up of employees
- Ensures compensation payments and bonuses are paid accurately
- Cross train and support the 401K and benefits portals. Includes non-discrimination testing, plan audit involvement and overall 401K plan maintenance
- Work with other finance/accounting team members on monthly close responsibilities and other payroll needs
- Financial Statement Audit support
- Serve as back-up for payroll responsibilities in other team members absences
- 4+ years of payroll experience
- 4+ years of accounting/finance experience
- Knowledge of general payroll practices, IRS and State tax regulations
- Knowledge of multi state pay related practices specifically (and local ordinances)
- Proficient working with payroll systems that integrate or interface with other systems (ADP products preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and propose paths to solution
- Skilled with generating ad-hoc reports
- Must be a team player and be able to support multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.