GitHub is looking for an analytical and data-minded full stack engineer to help boost growth across GitHub’s various products.
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers, and stakeholders across product, marketing, and sales to build features, tools, and experiments that affect important business metrics.
- Write clear, scalable, and well tested production quality code with an emphasis on maintainability.
- Contribute to GitHub’s experimentation frameworks, and leverage industry-leading tools and best practices for experimentation, measurement, and implementation.
- Communicate persuasively with peers to inspire cooperation.
- Mentor, pair, and delegate work to encourage the growth of others.
- Make well-reasoned decisions that inspire and energize others.
- Provide technical leadership so that others can contribute confidently.
- Help recruit, interview, and generally make GitHub a great home for developers
We’re looking for:
- 4+ years building web applications.
- A high bar for writing clean, maintainable, scalable, and well-tested code.
- Eagerness to get your hands dirty, learn new things, and leave things better than you found them.
- Experience planning and executing growth strategies, or interest diving deep into the topic, is a plus.
- Ability to navigate large codebases and get up to speed independently.
- Excellent communication skills and an eagerness to collaborate and share knowledge with teammates.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.