The GitHub Technical Support team is looking for full-time team members located in North America (US or Canada)! This person will join GitHub as part of our global support team and support our customers around the world.
GitHub users work 24/7, so you'll be expected to work some weekends and holidays. And though we support flexibility to let you take care of the important things in your life, you're expected to work during the normal working hours of your timezone.
When GitHub users have questions, they contact Support and we help them as quickly and awesomely as possible. Technical support handles a wide variety of inquiries including questions about Git and GitHub workflows, GitHub Pages, our API, and our desktop applications. Support also works closely with the engineering team to track down bugs and improve our documentation.
The most important characteristic of our support team is that we love helping developers. GitHub is a place for people to work better, together. Our job is to help. Support treats users the way we'd want someone to treat our friends.
Our support teammates have excellent writing chops: stellar grammar, charming written personality, and the ability to explain complicated things simply. We measure our success in swiftness, accuracy, and clarity.
- Experience using Git and GitHub.
- Programming experience with a language like Ruby.
- Experience using the command line.
- Experience interacting with APIs and troubleshooting related requests.
- Understanding client and server architecture for websites and web applications.
- Stellar English and grammar skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills – you might not know all the answers but you know how to find and communicate the solution.
- A strong sense of empathy – you are attuned to hear the question behind a question.
- Customer service experience.
- A unique writing style and voice.
- Will love developers and GitHub as much as we do.
- Could effortlessly explain how Git works to a non-developer.
- Have remote customer service experience.
- Familiarity with basic network concepts and tools.
- Familiarity with continuous integration, delivery, and deployment principles.
- Experience troubleshooting using stack traces and log files.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.