GitHub’s Global Support organization is looking for an experienced and motivated person to join our team as the Lead Instructional Designer to head up the planning, creation, governance, and maintenance of training programs and materials across the Support organization. This individual will work closely with the Lead Content Strategist, in Support to build out our learning and development framework, processes, and program. This role will require close collaboration with internal teams across the Support organization, Sales Enablement, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Legal and others as appropriate. This individual will be responsible for the seamless rollout and maintenance of global training programs. The ideal candidate will have a combination of planning / project management skills, proven experience developing and executing successful training programs, ability to manage complex projects or programs, and build trust and confidence among team members in order to successfully implement initiatives.
- Develop individualized and group training programs that address support-specific needs.
- Evaluate training gaps within the global business, building out a gap analysis that supports the business needs.
- Implement effective and purposeful training methods that span the needs across the Support Organization.
- Facilitate and enable facilitation of training sessions across the Support organization.
- Evaluate organizational performance to ensure that training is meeting business needs and improving performance.
- Use feedback, surveys, and listening tours to analyze team members’ skills, performance and productivity and identify training needs.
- Identify and assess the training needs of the support organization through job analysis, career paths and consultation with managers.
- Participate in the identification and selection of any tools/vendors required by the Support Organization to manage training & education programs.
- Help identify and prioritize projects that address the team’s needs and accomplish our objectives.
- Work closely with the Lead Content Strategist, Support to build out our learning and development framework, processes, and program.
Key Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years experience leading training/learning and development projects (essential).
- Familiar with a range of traditional and modern training processes.
- Experience with instructional design, assessment, and curriculum development best practices.
- Experience with hands-on training facilitation.
- Familiarity with e-learning authoring tools and managing an LMS (desirable).
- Industry or degree-level training/education qualification, or equivalent industry experience is highly desirable.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives concurrently.
- Experience leading process improvement initiatives.
- Experience working with internal teams to drive cross-team projects to completion.
- Motivated self-starter with an attention to detail, but who’s also flexible and comfortable with changing priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives effectively across competing development and operational priorities.
- Ability to identify key issues and empower other team members to address them in a way which builds morale and generates ownership and commitment.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.