GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking for US Department of Defense Customer Success Managers to develop positive customer relationships and continue to grow GitHub’s business. We care about customer success and customer service, and we're extremely passionate about the quality of our work. The ideal candidate will have the aptitude to deepen our customer relationships, be proactive with addressing issues and concerns, and have a passion for working with others.
The Customer Success Manager will maintain and enhance the relationship between GitHub and key strategic accounts through a variety of activities in close partnership with GitHub Enterprise sales professionals on the US public sector team.
- Develop strategies to expand engagement with key strategic accounts
- Support the onboarding and off-boarding requirements of assigned key customers
- Work directly with DoD Sales professionals to develop future product demand
- Scope, design, propose and coordinate services that will deepen user adoption and client success
- Deliver technical training on the GitHub family of products
- Distill best practices across client base and deliver insights and advice based on those practices
- Assist sales representatives with renewals
- Create highly customized Quarterly Business Reviews to provide key stakeholders with status, insights and strategic direction
- Work cross-functionality with many internal teams including Services, Support and Solution Engineering to deliver world class results to our clients.
- 5-7 years’ technical project management, technical account management, or professional services consulting experience that includes customer-facing responsibilities within the US Gov't or US Department of Defense space
- 2+ years' experience (and demonstrated credibility) working in a technical role within a software engineering-focused business
- Strong customer orientation, dedication, and passion for delivering a great customer experience
- World-class verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Interest in Git and GitHub
- Ability to travel approximately 25%
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Strongly Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub workflows
- Experience bringing systems through a DoD Authority to Operate (ATO) process
- Knowledge of cloud architecture
- Experience using the Linux command line
- High energy and positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible (ability to work across different time zones) and able to think quickly
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.