GitHub is the home for software development, where developers collaborate to build some of the world’s most important software. The security of that software is a collective problem, a responsibility that involves producers and consumers of code, open source maintainers, security researchers, and security teams. At GitHub, we want to give the community the tools it needs to secure the software we all depend on.
CodeQL is one such tool: our semantic code analysis engine that lets you query code as though it were data. CodeQL combines the latest research in compiler optimization with insights in database implementation. It understands the complex data structures inherent in code, and makes analysis available to researchers using a declarative, object-oriented query language. You can write a query to find all variants of a vulnerability, eradicating it forever. Then share your query to help others do the same.
- Be part of a team of code analysis and compiler experts working to redefine what’s possible through static analysis and variant analysis.
- Turn ideas from cutting-edge research in static analysis into dependable, scalable analyses.
- Use CodeQL, our revolutionary declarative logic programming language, to develop sophisticated queries for finding security vulnerabilities.
- Ensure that we support the latest tools, language features and compilers of the key programming languages our analysis understands.
- Collaborate with the GitHub Security Labs team, the Open Source community and GitHub’s Enterprise customers to create the best analysis libraries possible.
- Experience in at least one of the following:
- Program analysis / static analysis.
- Compilers and compiler construction.
- Formal verification techniques; Abstract Interpretation; Partial Evaluation
- Programming language design and implementation.
- Solid understanding of modern compilers (e.g. GHC, Rust, Clang, LLVM, GCC, Roslyn, ECJ, WindRiver, EDG, PyPy etc.) and parsers.
- Query languages; query optimisation; code generation.
- In depth experience of performing methods such as static analysis; dynamic analysis; control flow; data flow and information flow; security analysis; program transformation; taint analysis; taint tracking.
- Logic programming / Declarative Programming (e.g. Prolog, Datalog).
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.