GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking for Federal Strategic Account Managers to work with our very largest prospects and customers to build great relationships, help them to learn about GitHub and our products and facilitate the buying process. We care about customer success and customer service, and we're extremely passionate about the quality of our work. The ideal candidate will have the aptitude and passion to become a master of GitHub’s product capabilities, underlying technology, and competitive advantages. We are looking for Federal Strategic Account Manager in the Washington D.C. area. The role will report to the Director of Public Sector Sales.
New business, strategic selling and account management. Develop plans and resource requirements to close new business within GitHub’s Federal market segment and then grow those accounts by providing new account services for customer and company success. Provide accurate forecasting for deals and quarterly revenue. Be the primary interface for prospects and customers.
Risk Management. Identify risk and be decisive to ensure any risk is mitigated.
Network building. Build a solid network at GitHub and within customer accounts to ensure successful deal conversion. Work cross-functionally with technical product management, engineering, support, technical sales and professional services to demonstrate the value of GitHub and, in turn, help close business and ensure new customer success.
Manage by influence. Be a consensus builder inside GitHub and within customer accounts to ensure mutually beneficial outcomes.
Understand GitHub products and solutions. Understand how we enable customers to be successful with our products and services to help them be innovation leaders. Teach customers about their industries and offer unique insights to encourage customers to think differently about their business and discover the true value of working with GitHub. Sell value and provide real ROI analysis with our products and services for prospects and new customers. Be able to work programmatically with prospects and new customers on a set of metrics to show them how to improve their business by properly using GitHub products and services.
Effective communicator and presenter. Be able to present strategic ideas to small and large groups of customers, work off script and be able to answer questions and challenges in live settings with key prospects, new customers and partners.
Deal process, objection handling and driving momentum. Understand how to map prospect and buying processes, help new buyers navigate deals to close, identify deal stakeholders, mobilizers and blockers in order to drive deal momentum to close. Independently and collaboratively strategize for solving deal-level challenges.
- 10 years+ of successful enterprise software sales experience in the US Public Sector with a focus on civilian agencies.
- Strong customer orientation, dedication, and passion for delivering a great customer experience
- Ability to assess customer needs
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Strong technical aptitude and the ability to become deeply fluent in the GitHub's technology and the industry
- Consistent track record of aligning multiple resources to align with customer objectives
- Consistent track record of meeting or exceeding quota
- Ability to manage wider eco-system of partners and advisory firms.
- Proven ability to manage complex purchase processes through Federal Channel
- Willingness to travel approximately 15%
- High energy and positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible (ability to work across different time zones) and able to think quickly
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Selling subscription based licenses
- Strong relationships across Federal ecosystem
- Experience using salesforce.com CRM
- Experience leveraging the CEB Challenger framework
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.