The Professional Services team at GitHub assists customers in improving their software delivery. In the Advanced Security Implementation Engineer role you will work with our customers to bring meaningful digital and cultural change into their organization.
Your efforts as an Advanced Security Implementation Engineer at GitHub will give you the ability to positively impact the security of the software you use from many companies every day. You will be a trusted consultant to the world's leading companies to assist them in transforming how they approach security in the SCLC.
We are looking for a passionate technologist who can enable customers to reach their goals with technical solutions and a thoughtful approach to introducing cultural change. We will need you to be an empathetic person who strives to give customers a rewarding experience whenever they interact with us.
As an Implementation Engineer you will:
- Provide training for developers, security engineers and administratorson on how to use GitHub Advanced Security
- Setup GitHub Enterprise Advanced Security and connect GitHub to our customers' infrastructure
- Configure customers' projects for analysis with Advanced Security
- Collaborate with many different teams on executing the transformation plan and driving adoption of Advanced Security across the organization
- Help customers understand vulnerabilities found using Advanced Security and quantify value
- Collaborate with team members
- Software development or DevOps experience
- Experience deploying software in a clustered configuration
- Knowledge of common build systems
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to persuade customers to make hard, but worthwhile decisions
- An ability to see the tradeoffs of technical solutions and make recommendations to customers
- A desire to help others, and to collaborate with both customers and GitHub team members
- A growth mentality, and a passion for discovering new technologies
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.