With so much of the software world built on open source, it’s shocking that only 4% of open source projects have ever published a security vulnerability. The problem is not that maintainers aren’t finding and fixing vulnerabilities; it’s that the current methods for publicizing them is painful and bureaucratic and there’s a lingering negative stigma around them. The Security Workflows team aims to change that!
The Security Workflows team at GitHub is responsible for building the parts of GitHub that help open source maintainers and consumers interact with the Open Source ecosystem more securely. The team is responsible for, among other things, GitHub Security Advisories, GitHub Security Alerts, and administering GitHub's CVE Numbering Authority scope to issue CVEs for eligible vulnerabilities in the Open Source world.
GitHub is looking for an experienced engineering manager to lead our Security Workflows team!
Here are some of the signs of a successful Engineering Manager at GitHub:
- The team always understands the “why” and knows what success looks like for any given product or feature.
- The team builds software that is architecturally consistent and of high quality.
- Team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership.
- The team ships products, features and bug fixes regularly.
- Individuals on the team are learning, growing and advancing in their respective careers.
- The team is responsive to recruiting and interview needs.
We value collaboration, empathy, quality, positive impact and shipping. You will excel when the way you work reflects these values. We want you to enable every team member to do the best work of their lives and we'll partner to enable the same for you.
In this position, you will work closely with the Senior Engineering Manager and Director of Product Engineering. You will also be part of a community dedicated to making a positive impact at work and at large.
- You have led a team that built something you are proud of.
- You love coaching, mentoring, sponsorship, and helping others improve.
- You are tenacious, highly organized and laser focused when working toward a goal.
- Your decisions are inclusive and timely.
- You show humility when you are right and have the confidence to admit mistakes.
- You are passionate about building products that developers love.
- You care about the Open Source ecosystem and are eager to make it stronger and more secure.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.