GitHub is changing the way people build software together. We're growing fast and looking for an experienced Executive Assistant with excellent communication skills to support a VP of Engineering.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for handling key processes, supporting the critical needs of the business, especially surrounding project management and product functions. You should be detail-oriented, organized, punctual, and comfortable working in highly fast-paced environments. Being active and able to make decisions with minimal guidance or communication is crucial in this role.
This role is based out of our Boulder, Colorado office and reports directly to the VP of Community & Ecosystem Engineering.
You will need to take ownership of the following:
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, for both international and domestic, as well as itineraries and agendas.
- Provide administrative support to team leaders, including calendar, and expense management in a timely manner.
- Help to organize training activities and on-boarding sessions including managing logistics, agendas, speakers, and rooms for on-boarding & learning activities.
- Project management of several key initiatives.
- Manage logistical and operational needs to enable activity across all channels.
- Schedule meetings, mini-summits and annual meetings to drive deal flow and team collaboration – both internally and externally.
- Assist with presentations, talks and media communications.
- Handle confidential information professionally.
- Anticipate the needs of a busy team and helping them be more successful (ordering lunch, supplies, etc).
- Manage meeting agendas, notes and minutes, and follow-up items.
- Greet visitors upon arrival and ensure positive experience.
- At least 5 years of experience as an executive assistant in an energizing environment.
- Experience working in technical environments and comfortable with project management.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly like GitHub, project management software, and the like.
- Strong attention to detail when handling priorities, projects, and deadlines.
- Skilled in multitasking across various stakeholder needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled with creative, critical thinking.
- Ability to anticipate and prioritize needs.
- Proficient in office software such as calendars, spreadsheets, presentation apps, and OSX.
- Ability to build positive working relationships with a highly technical audience.
- Flexible when it comes to responsiveness and adaptive to an ever-changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all levels and departments within the organization.
- 5+ years of executive administration experience.
- Experience working in technical environments.
- Confidence in navigating ambiguous situations.
- Proficient in Google Apps, particularly Google Calendar, and Google Docs.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.