GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by empowering them to build better software, together. The GitHub sales team is rapidly growing and we’re looking for an experienced Customer Success leader to help us shape our customer experience throughout the customer’s lifecycle and continue to scale globally.
We are looking for a technically savvy individual to help build out and enhance the customer experience. In this role, you will be responsible for Customer Success activities, as well as developing, creating and shaping onboarding, retention, and adoption programs. You will be highly influential in the renewal and up-sell of our account management by standardizing processes and championing continuous improvement of the customer experience. You will work with all segments of our sales team, focused on the Enterprise Sales, Inside Sales, and Account Management teams, who are focused on upsell, renewals, and new logos.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about driving the customer experience and will help us show our customer obsession through new programs and activities to align with the customer’s buying journey. This is an amazing opportunity to develop standardized programs and lead our sales organization to focus on improving customer success outcomes. Help us to meet the goals of our customers in their journey of transformation.
Do you have the experience and passion to continue to scale our global customer success program in the lens of the Challenger Methodology? If so, we want to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Build out a comprehensive customer success program for GitHub designed to improve the customer experience
- Drive Customer Success outcomes to increase renewal rates, reduce churn, expand our revenue in accounts through methodological cross-sell and up-sell, and influence customer satisfaction
- Influence the customer lifecycle by building a map of the customer journey, standardizing points of contact based on segmentation and industry needs
- Enhance effectiveness and efficiency through technology - build out a system based approach to measure and track success metrics
- Build a world class CSM team globally to support and implement these activities
- Collaborate cross functionally with our Sales teams in Account Management, Inside Sales and Enterprise Sales, as well as our Support and Services teams
Who you are:
- 7+ years of customer success experience and 2+ years of developing and implementing customer improvement programs
- Proven track record in creating, implementing and rolling out a well rounded customer success program with measurable outcomes
- Experience in pre-and post sales
- Strong ability to develop programs, work cross functionally, and exhibit leadership while implementing projects in a fast paced environment
- Experience in leveraging and building on customer experience technology such as Gainsight
- Strong knowledge of the software development landscape and ability to articulate technical aspects
- Excellent presentation and delivery skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and changing environment
- A collaborative working style, experience working across the company with teams of varied size to achieve common goals
- Prior experience and familiarity with Challenger Sale and CEB’s Customer Buying Journey and Customer Improvement is a strong plus.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.