GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. GitHub is at an exciting growth phase and we're looking for someone to join our team that can help accelerate sales operations and integration of GitHub within the Microsoft sales organization. You will play a key role in our growth and future success while working with both the GitHub and Microsoft sales organizations as we hit new milestones and reach beyond our goals. This role will be highly focused on business integration elements and key sales acceleration project opportunities. This position reports into our Sales Operations team and may be located in our San Francisco Headquarters or remote.
- Drive operational excellence through identification and execution of opportunity areas that create efficiency, remove obstacles, or create improved processes and approaches to Microsoft joint selling motions
- Build strong working relationships with GitHub and Microsoft sales and business operations teams
- Conduct insightful analysis using data (e.g. revenue, product, market, industry) to derive insights that will drive business decisions
- Prepare comprehensive joint selling performance collateral for executive level consumption
- Help shape and contribute to GitHub’s overall sales integration strategy with Microsoft with the goal of driving new sales in FY20
- Work collaboratively across Microsoft and GitHub operations teams to ensure forward movement of key projects and sales initiatives
- Maintain operational project plans where tasks, owners, delivery dates and results from initiatives are managed
- Balance competing priorities and keep low performing initiatives on track
- 5+ years working in business operations, program management, or equivalent experience
- Exposure to Microsoft operations with an understanding of the Microsoft customer and sales engines is a strong plus
- Experience with driving revenue influenced results, with a proven ability in execution
- A blend of business and technical skills with some understanding of sales motions and go-to-market approaches is also a plus
- Ability to interface with multiple cross-functional teams and external partners
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Proven ability to adapt to unplanned initiatives and drive successful outcomes
- Advanced Powerpoint skills
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.