Software is Eating the World! GitHub sits at the center of this transformation -- the place where over 40 million people collaborate on more than 100 million hosted software development projects.
At GitHub, you will have the opportunity to grow your career in a friendly and fast-paced work environment that includes an office with diverse workspaces, an in-house coffee shop, catered meals, free massages, and generous health benefits.
We are looking to hire a Senior Manager for our Strategic Finance team. The scope of the role will include direct leadership of Financial Analysts and will be focused on driving financial leadership for our Technology organization, infrastructure costs, capital expenditures, and building the foundation to support product-level P&Ls.
The successful candidate will work directly with members of our senior leadership team to set plans, derive goals, and collaborate effectively with teams to achieve them. We’re looking for an organized thinker who can drive multiple high-priority projects simultaneously while inspiring and growing a team of high potential analysts.
- Planning & Measuring. Plan the financial trajectory of key areas of the business. Work with stakeholders across functional groups to instrument the business and drive end-to-end accountability. Determine key metrics and measure how resources will be deployed to achieve them.
- Reporting & Communication. Contribute to building the company’s financial plan and drive monthly reporting packages. Oversee and drive building capability around reporting on product profitability and provide ongoing communication and collaboration with business partners. Surface the performance of key financial and operational metrics to business stakeholders.
- Strategic Insights & Forecasting. Embrace new information and proactively look for ways to better understand our business performance. Utilize new information to help improve visibility and forecasting, bringing a return on investment framework to support decision making.
- Team Building. Continuously challenge each member of the team to deliver their best work. Identify top priority opportunities for the team and instill a growth mindset across the team.
- Work Experience. 6-8 years of relevant work experience, preferably with financial leadership experience within the Infrastructure/Datacenter components of a SaaS business.
- Technical Experience. Experience with sophisticated financial modeling and large data sets. Direct FP&A experience related to Infrastructure/Datacenter management is a plus.
- Business Intuition. Solid understanding of the key cost drivers of a SaaS business.
- Self Starter Mentality. Proactive thinker looking to build processes that scale.
- Communication Skills. Distill and simplify complex financial concepts for all audiences.
- Interpersonal Skills. Build trust and effectively collaborate cross functionally.
- Education. MBA preferred.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
- Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.