Program Manager, Voice of the Customer
Support Operations is looking for an experienced and motivated person to join our team as a Voice of the Customer Program Manager. This individual will be focused on ensuring that we continue to be “Loved by developers and trusted by enterprises” by helping our Support teams efficiently deliver great Support experiences. The Program Manager will be responsible for managing multiple support-focused initiatives that optimize our customers’ experiences with GitHub and improve the efficiency and experience of the Support organization itself. This role will require close collaboration with internal teams in Support, Account Management, Professional Services, Marketing, Sales-Ops, Product, Engineering, Legal, and Sales. This person will be responsible for the seamless rollout and sustained success of global programs. The ideal candidate will have a combination of planning / project management skills, a solid technical background, a deep understanding of Customer Success delivery mechanics, and the ability to build trust and confidence among team members in order to successfully implement our initiatives.
- Provide a great customer experience for those who struggle with product limitations and usability issue
- Offer customer with the ability to participate in the solution discovery and design
- Advocate for those important issues with the Product team to ensure that our roadmap is aligned with our customers’ most pressing needs
- Develop the global Voice of the Customer programs strategy and programs
- Work with key stakeholders to identify and develop the overarching themes and stories that resonate with this targeted audience.
- Present the Voice of the Customer programs strategy to the Support organization.
- Experience building executive advisory boards for different personas, including customers and partners
- Partner with regional field teams to pilot programs from planning to execution.
- Evaluate, measure and report on strategic effectiveness and ROI for overall program efforts.
- Identify and implement internal process improvements for our team and the broader business.
- Participate in the identification and selection of any tools/vendors required by the Support Organization.
- Lead and participate in the implementation of any required tools.
- Lead and/or represent Support in cross-team initiatives to enhance customer experience and engagement with our products.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Manage multiple initiatives concurrently.
- Collaborate with sales, operations, product and engineering teams to manage programs that strengthen our customer relationships using a variety of technical platforms.
- Develop project specifications, priorities, and objectives from initiation to delivery in partnership with the functional owner.
- Help identify and prioritize projects that address the team’s needs and accomplish our objectives.
- 8+ years of relevant experience required, including at least 5 years in a Customer Experience, Technical Project Management, Program Management, or other technical/engineering role
- Excellent organizational, analytical and influencing skills.
- Proven ability to manage complex projects or programs.
- Experience working with internal teams to drive cross-team projects to completion.
- Motivated self-starter with an attention to detail, but who’s also flexible and comfortable with changing priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives effectively across competing development and operational priorities.
- Ability to identify key issues and empower other team members to address them in a way which builds morale and generates ownership and commitment.