GitHub is looking for a full-time Business Systems Analyst (Zendesk) to join our Business Systems team. This is a highly visible techno-functional position supporting our support processes leveraging Zendesk platform.
Your role will be to help maintain, administer, and optimize our support processes by partnering with GitHub Support Operations and other department teams to transform their challenges into systems-driven solutions.
Previous hands-on experience in Zendesk application will be the key to success in this role.
This position is based in our San Francisco office and reports to the Director, Business Systems.
- Design Zendesk to handle multi-tiered correspondence and implement triggers, conditional fields, rules etc.
- Manage a queue of operational requests, prioritizing against evolving business priorities
- Troubleshoot and resolve any software performance issues, identify operational inefficiencies and help improve or innovate new processes
- Maintain expert-level understanding of all Zendesk enhancements and releases
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure efficiency and cross functional alignment as we build and scale
- Support a culture of continuous improvement to continually raise the bar of execution
- Liaise with Zendesk helpdesk to resolve technical issues
- 5+ years of system or application administration and 2+ years of Zendesk administration experience
- Working knowledge of developer tools including Zendesk APIs and apps framework
- Proven ability to understand business processes and translate business requirements into application functionality
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to solve practical business problems
- Proven project management, change management, multitasking & prioritization skills
- Ability to balance attention to detail with expeditious execution in a fast-paced environment. Highest standards of accuracy and precision; extremely organized.
- Zendesk Support Administration Certification is a plus.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.