The sales team is looking for an Account Manager to develop, manage and grow relationships with GitHub’s existing customer base of businesses. The Account Management team plays a pivotal role in the retention and overall satisfaction of our customers. Responsibilities include analyzing and understanding current contract structures, negotiating renewals, and expanding active contracts with customers using GitHub Enterprise and GitHub.com to ensure customer value and satisfaction. The ideal candidate will have sales and relationship management experience combined with a passion for learning about the GitHub platform and our competitive advantages.
- Actively work to maintain strong relationships with GitHub’s existing customer base while identifying opportunity for growing adoption
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams (sales, customer success, deal-desk, ops) to ensure timely renewals\
- Innovate and iterate on the contract renewal process to retain and grow customers while mitigating churn • Work with GitHub tools and technology to keep accurate customer and forecast information
- Partner with the Solutions Engineering team to ensure technical accuracy and delivery to customers
- Understand how customers are using GitHub and collaborate with them to ensure they get the most out of the GitHub platform
- Learn about customer’s successes and challenges, share customer feedback with GitHub, and advocate for customer interests
- 2+ years of proven renewals experience, sales, account management, and/or consulting experience managing Mid Market and Enterprise accounts
- Curiosity and drive to understand customer business goals, anticipate future needs, and identify solutions
- Strong customer orientation, dedication, and passion for delivering a great customer experience
- Ability to assess customer needs
- Problem solving around technical, product, and business questions
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Collaborative and team oriented •
- Interested in Git and GitHub
- CRM experience • Currently hiring in San Francisco
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub workflows
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to become deeply fluent in GitHub’s technology and the industry
- High energy and positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible (ability to work across different time zones) and able to think quickly
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work-ethic; self-directed and resourceful
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.