GitHub helps companies, organizations, and groups of individuals succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking for a Senior Business Analyst to support analytical rigor, process improvement and sales tool deployments within a quickly growing sales organization. In addition to technical skills, a candidate for this role must exhibit extraordinary attention to detail and project management skills. This is a true Business Analyst role (not a data analyst) who will primarily focus on projects that will help us scale our sales team as well as our operations teams ranging from process improvements to new tool rollouts.
As we continue to grow and scale, this role will work closely with multiple teams across the organization. As a key subject matter expert on our sales process, Finance, Marketing, Legal, Deal Desk, and Product will depend on your insight. GitHub is an exciting place to work and you'll be an important contributor and join a tight-knit environment of technical and business-minded individuals.
- Develop and define processes across the end to end sales cycle, including process flows and visualizations
- Conduct analysis to identify areas for process optimization and work with Sales Enablement to implement
- Collaborate with key cross departmental stakeholders to gather business requirements and identify potential impacts to the Sales organization
- Collaborate with cross departmental teams to effectively drive projects to success: sales entry / exit criteria, process risk mitigation, documentation and enablement, timelines, etc
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and leadership to fellow team members
- 3 years of hands-on experience working in Business Analyst role with a competency in Salesforce.com, Excel, Lucidchart or Visio, and detailed process documentation
- Able to work effectively within a enterprise sales team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (we write, a LOT)
- Proven experience handling conflicting priorities
- Demonstrates problem solving, decision-making, and process-improvement skills.
- Very strong organizational and analytic skills
- Ability to independently manage deliverables and expectations across multiple key stakeholders
- Strong intellectual curiosity and capabilities
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working in Business Analyst
- Working knowledge of Sales and Marketing KPIs
- Experience with business process modeling
- Project management training and/or experience preferred
- Demonstrate a mastery of analyzing complex business problems
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.