GitHub, the home for all developers, is looking for a strategic and collaborative creative leader to join us as a key member of our fast-paced and growing marketing team. You’ll oversee distributed design, illustration and animation teams, leading their efforts to effectively and consistently communicate our brand and product value to an ever expanding global audience.
In this role, you’ll bring your experience developing and delivering impactful creative programs, campaigns and collateral for leading B2B brands. You’ll help shape the future of software through your creative vision and leadership. You’ll work in partnership with our Principal design & brand architect, evolving our visual storytelling to help us meet company objectives while delighting our key developer and business audiences.
As Creative Director, you will report to the VP of corporate marketing and work closely with peers across our cross functional brand, demand gen, events, social, product marketing, website, field marketing and communications teams. You will collaborate with data scientists, marketing operations and engineering teams to integrate insights and test hypotheses.
- Direct integrated marketing campaigns from concept to execution
- Develop design solutions that span across digital and traditional environments
- Inspire and lead your team into a creative and executional phenom, relied upon across the business to deliver excellence on time and on budget
- Mentor the creative team, help sharpen their skills, and shepherd their career development
- Provide daily design direction and feedback to your team and prioritize incoming requests against business needs
- Communicate the value of your design vision and the impact and relevance of your team’s work to the broader organization
- Partner with our Site Design team to create a consistent, cohesive and compelling visual language for use across our web properties
- Establish strong relationships with product marketing, product, comms, events, and brand teams to establish consistency and adoption of brand vision across the organization
- Evolve and implement an effective, efficient and scalable production process, including managing contractor and agency relationships
- Collaborate with the GitHub Shop to develop fun, witty and sought-after goods for employees, fans and customers
- Reinforce the values that make GitHub a great, inclusive place to work
- Proven experience directing, executing, and adapting designs across a variety of platforms
- 10+ years of relevant work in a creative field, with a diverse portfolio of work that demonstrates experience in web/digital, events & experiential, paid digital, social, collateral, sales support and campaigns. Experience in OOH and mobile a plus
- Prior experience in managing and mentoring remote creative teams, as well as the ability to attract, recruit, and retain exceptional talent
- Ability to succeed and embody a growth mindset in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail plus the ability to swiftly identify and resolve brand inconsistencies across the organization
- Strong familiarity with GitHub: our product and our community
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.