GitHub is looking for a communications expert to join the team and support our corporate and technology PR efforts. This person will support existing PR activities, and also have the opportunity to build and manage dedicated programs. The Public Relations Manager will be responsible for proactive storytelling; partnering with the engineering, product, marketing, and policy teams to support announcements and campaigns; executing event PR programs; engaging with agencies worldwide; and working collaboratively with the Internal Comms team. The ideal candidate will have strong relationships with key media, experience working with external agencies, and an excitement to be part of a global Communications team that represents GitHub as the home for all developers.
This role is based in San Francisco with periodic travel opportunities.
- 5-7 years of technology PR experience
- Ability to develop strategic plans in partnership with the Communications team and internal stakeholders, and execute independently
- Experience working with technology, business, and trade media to achieve communications goals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organization and project management skills, and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple projects
- Experience working with PR agencies and contractors
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Familiarity with GitHub and/or engineering-driven initiatives
- Understanding of the software development landscape
- Background in working with open source communities
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.