The Ecosystem API team is responsible for GitHub's GraphQL and REST API platform - what our users and integrators see, as well as the platform that developers at GitHub build their features on top of. In this role, you will be working across the team and the organization to improve the speed, reliability, development workflow, and coverage of our APIs.
- Working with PMs and other Engineers to prioritize and execute on API improvements
- Shipping quality and secure code that our integrators and developers can utilize
- Measuring and monitoring the health and speed of our APIs
- Building software with a great team.
- Developing for a large site like GitHub.
- Ruby/Rails is important experience
- GraphQL (either FE or BE) would be great
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why you should join our Summer 2020 Intern Program:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in countries across the globe.
We love watching talented people learn and explore their skills. Our internships are designed to give you unique work experience by pairing you with real GitHubbers on real projects.
Requirements & Details for GitHub Summer Interns:
- You will be based at our headquarters in San Francisco, CA. Our internships are paid and we provide furnished housing in San Francisco.
- Your internship will be 10 weeks from June 8th, 2020 to August 14th, 2020. We will accommodate quarter system intern starts.
- You must be a student enrolled in a university, community college, associate, or graduate school program to be eligible
- You must be returning to school the Fall after your internship (Fall 2020)
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!