Technical Program Manager, Professional Services
The Professional Services team at GitHub focuses on helping our customers improve the lives of developers working on the GitHub platform. As a Technical Program Manager you will directly impact the lives of developers by working with U.S. Federal Agencies in crafting many aspects of software delivery. You will help our customers plan, prioritize, launch, and accelerate their initiatives in building on GitHub.
You will succeed in this role if you are a highly technical individual who feels as comfortable working with executive leaders in the Federal space to help map out software transformation strategies as you do organizing a strong technical team. You will work with customers from the planning phase through maintaining the system. You will be their primary technical contact at GitHub and establish relationships with admins and their tech leaders.
For this role, you will be a member of our Solution Architect team within Professional Services working closely with a federal agency. You must be a U.S. citizen living within the United States, located near Washington D.C. You will travel onsite to Washington D.C. or other U.S. locations to work closely with your customers.
- Help the customer develop near- and long-term strategies for migrating off existing version control tools and consolidating on GitHub
- This includes technical strategies as well as workforce engagement efforts for thousands of developers
- Help transform software delivery alongside team members who work with some of the largest software organizations through hands-on assistance
- Have a passion for driving modern technical transformations in low tech environments
- Build customer business artifacts, such as company-specific roll-out plans and timelines
- Write documentation and communications around best practices, GitHub features, and workflow requirements
- Build a relationship as a customer's trusted advisor from GitHub to accelerate the effectiveness of their teams
- Build on the GitHub platform to help our customers deliver their desired features or adaptive workflows
- Track and share progress with GitHub and our customer to ensure expectations are clear and progress is being made
- Discover issues that arise and create plans to solve their problems
- Understands the customer's priorities and help bring in team members based on specific expertise required
- Clarify and drive project commitments and priorities, establish and maintain clear chains of accountability, while clearly communicating to project stakeholders and bringing in experts when needed
- Proactively assess and manage project risks appropriately, own escalations on program issues or risks through to resolution
- Identify areas of opportunity to implement projects aimed at increasing operational efficiency and risk reduction
- Regularly prepare and deliver clear and concise project/initiative updates to the team
- Experience with GitHub and software delivery
- A deep understanding of IT infrastructure, governance, compliance and business process management
- Interest in working creatively with customers to understand technical and business requirements
- Implement and test solutions based on requirements and customer feedback
- An understanding of several of these methodologies and tools:
- Software development methods such as Agile, Scrum, Lean, Waterfall
- Software project tools like JIRA, Pivotal Tracker, Trello, Asana, and MS Project
- Continuous integration and build automation such as Jenkins, TeamCity, TFS, TravisCI, CircleCI
- Knowledge of:
- LDAP, ActiveDirectory, and other SAML/Single-Sign-on services
- Virtualization technologies at a high level, such as VMware vSphere, and cloud-based providers such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Demonstrated ability to connect with people, lead client projects, and help clients solve problems with GitHub
- Strong ability to handle client expectations and project scope during all stages of client engagement
- Experience organizing and leading a strong technical team
- Strong ability to speak and present to Government Executives, leaders, and cross-functional teams
This role is critical for our customers and GitHub. We would love your help to continue to assist customers in accomplishing their goals and making a positive impact in their company. We have seen how impactful a Technical Program Manager can be at GitHub. We hope you will join our team as we work with our customers to achieve their vision with the GitHub platform.
To succeed in this role you must be a U.S. citizen living within the United States, located near Washington D.C. You will travel onsite to Washington D.C. or other U.S. locations to work closely with your customers, and be willing to travel up to 25% of your time.
GitHub is made up of people with many different backgrounds and lifestyles. We like it this way. We invite applications from people of all stripes. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences that people imagine to discriminate against one another. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's anything we can do to make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.