GitHub’s Business Development team is in an exciting growth phase and we're looking for someone to join our team that can help build and grow our strategic partnerships in the cloud. You will play a key role in our growth and future success while working with our sales, channel, and partner engineering teams as we hit new milestones and reach beyond our goals to support the broader developer ecosystem.
As our Senior Manager, Strategic Accounts, you will be primarily responsible for building and managing strategic business relationships with our top cloud vendor partners. This involves building out bespoke, high-touch initiatives with some of the most important technology companies in the world. The work you perform will directly influence our partner's success in the software development ecosystem, and in turn provide GitHub users with new, untapped value through our partners unique and differentiated capabilities.
This position reports directly to our VP of Business Development.
- Help shape and contribute to GitHub’s overall Technology Partner strategy
- Structure and drive our strategic cloud partnerships through direct relationship building
- Establish and drive strong connections with combined GitHub partner ecosystem
- Build strong connections to GitHub Sales teams to ensure we build a sales aligned partner ecosystem
- Build a solid network at GitHub and within our partner network
- Work cross-functionally with technical product management, engineering, technical sales, professional services, channel, and marketing teams to drive the value of GitHub and, in turn, support our partners.
- Review track KPIs with partners
- Advocate our partner’s value proposition internally and externally
- Serve as a quarterback for strategic partner integrations
- Execute joint partner marketing activities
- Provide feedback to internal GitHub teams on additional needs to make partners successful
- 5+ years in partner sales and/or alliance development in the software/technology industry
- Deep understanding of the cloud and DevOps landscapes
- Experience engaging and influencing senior executives and strong familiarity with decision-making processes in enterprise customers
- Demonstrated experience working and communicating with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams including direct and channel marketing, solution architect teams, product management, and account management teams
- Experience working with partners through account management, product management, program management, and business development engagement
- Experience with driving revenue influenced results, with a proven ability in execution
- A blend of business and technical skills with a solid understanding of partner sales motions and go-to-market approaches
- Passionate about partners and how we can grow our businesses together
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 36 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.