The director of web strategy will be the primary product and business owner of GitHub’s marketing and communication websites, including the logged-out experience of GitHub.com, marketing efforts inside GitHub.com, and related marketing sites. Leading web design and marketing engineering teams, you will focus on enhancing user experience and content to optimize lead capture, generate more self-service sales, improve conversion rates and delight our customers. You’ll balance managing execution with managing people, directly supporting team leads and working with them to increase the collective website team’s impact across the company.
In collaboration with the marketing leadership, executive, and product teams, you will manage development priorities in line with business objectives. You’ll partner closely with design, sales, and marketing operations to ensure our marketing sites meet the needs of our customer audience segments and supports our brand.
- Strategy: Build, maintain and lead an extraordinary marketing website to meet company awareness, consideration and conversion goals.
- Growth: Improve the effectiveness of our marketing website in driving customer acquisition and growth for key customer personas.
- Direction: Lead Web Design and Marketing Engineering teams to effectively build, release, and manage product roadmaps.
- Workflows: Invent workflows and strategies for rolling out features, QA, and testing.
- Iteration: Develop and maintain systems to identify, propose, and analyze high-impact experiments and iterative updates.
- Best Practices: Balance business requirements with forward-thinking methodologies..
- SEO: Work with our Marketing teams to craft, implement, analyze, and improve SEO programs to organically grow traffic by launching, revising, and scaling new landing pages.
- Content strategy: Collaborate with copywriters on messaging, organization, navigation, optimizing conversion, etc.
- Future-proofing: Ensure marketing website pages and content is up-to-date.
- People management: Lead, coach, and sponsor Design and Engineering management, enabling them to best support their respective teams.
- 9+ years of enterprise website development and management including building and maintaining SaaS or PaaS enterprise websites
- Proven experience in ‘managing managers’ and setting up team leads for success in both their projects and their careers
- UI / UX authority an eye for effective corporate design
- Experience with agile website development methodologies (scrum, kanban, etc)
- Comfort with modern website development tools and technologies
- Excellent project management skills and analytical ability
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under pressure, managing resources and several projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Experience building consensus with diverse, and often competing, priorities
- Understanding of the software development landscape
- Experience using GitHub
- Experience as a creative director or leading design organizations
Who We Are
GitHub is the developer company. Over 36 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Trust by Default
Ship to Learn
Own the Outcome
Global Product, Global Team
Anything is Possible
Why You Should Join
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.