GitHub is seeking an exceptional event sponsorship & marketing manager to join its world-class events production team. The qualified candidate will lead the outbound marketing and sponsorship engagement strategies for GitHub’s major international programs, including GitHub Universe, GitHub Satellite, Git Merge, and others TBD. They will serve as a key outbound advocate for the value of our events to attendees, sponsors, and the extended GitHub community worldwide.
This strategic marketer will set the top-level event marketing strategy and work with both internal and external content teams to drive GitHub brand and event awareness, exposure, and ticket sales. They will manage and optimize ongoing marketing performance across multiple channels including email, blog, social media, search, github.com, influencer marketing, digital, et al.
This person will also be responsible for defining the sponsorship outreach strategy and value proposition for our key programs. They will be responsible for the entire sponsorship lifecycle, including partnering with the sales team to prospect and close sponsorships, and collaborating with the events team to deliver unique and amazing experiences that exceed our sponsors expectations while delivering value to our attendees.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the ticket and sponsorship revenue targets
- Work with the VP of Corporate Marketing to set and define the event marketing strategy and plan
- Collaborate with VP of Corporate Marketing, events team, and other key stakeholders to define ticket pricing, comp, and discount plans to ensure the appropriate mix of attendees and revenue for each event
- Manage and execute the marketing plan directly with third party platforms and vendors and/or through GitHub channel experts
- Analyze ongoing campaign performance in collaboration with marketing ops and consistently review, revise, and optimize to exceed objectives
- Successfully manage outgoing marketing budget
- Help prospect, sell and close sponsorships to meet events’ revenue goals while simultaneously delivering value to attendees and maintaining GitHub’s brand and values
- Collaborate with the sales team to create a pipeline of new prospects
- Work with Event Producer to ensure offerings meet sponsor needs
- Supervise contract fulfillment, including creating and reviewing agreements, collecting brand assets, scheduling creative syncs, and fostering two-way communication
- Oversee sponsorship relationships leading up to, and onsite at the event, ensuring contracted commitments are met and sponsors receive a VIP experience
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 36 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Trust by Default
Ship to Learn
Own the Outcome
Global Product, Global Team
Anything is Possible
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.