GitHub is seeking an associate event producer to join its world-class events team. The qualified candidate will lead partnership activations, including all sponsorships and partner-facing content and assist with production of GitHub’s global marquee programs, including GitHub Universe, GitHub Satellite, Git Merge, and others TBD.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for defining the sponsorship outreach strategy and value proposition for our key programs. They will own the entire sponsorship lifecycle, including partnering with the sales team to prospect and close sponsorships, and collaborating with the events team to deliver unique and amazing experiences that exceed our sponsors expectations while delivering value to our attendees. The associate event manager will oversee production and execution of sponsorship elements on-site and act as a dedicated point-of-contact for customers before, during and after each event.
As an integral member of a small but highly impactful event team, this person should feel comfortable independently owning disparate elements of the event production process as needed, including sourcing and managing vendor contracts, collaborating with our creative team, overseeing budgets, scouting venues, and working with our Marketing Ops team. This person will play a key role in producing our 400-person community conference, Git Merge.
In addition to event production experience, this position requires specific skills in sponsorship sales and proven success in cross functional project management. Someone who is able to think beyond the expected will thrive on this team, as we are constantly looking to surprise and delight our attendees and sponsorship customers in every way.
Our ideal candidate will have experience working in the software industry, and has a working knowledge of software developer tools and companies.
What You’ll Do:
- Help prospect, sell and close sponsorships to meet events’ revenue goals while simultaneously delivering value to attendees and maintaining GitHub’s brand and values
- Collaborate with the sales team to create a pipeline of new prospects
- Create and implement unique sponsorship opportunities to meet sponsor needs
- Supervise contract fulfillment, including creating and reviewing agreements, collecting brand assets, scheduling creative syncs, and fostering two-way communication
- Proposal and contract negotiations
- Manage budgets
- Design effective ground plans
- Interact with A/V professionals to insure the core sound and visual experience is flawless
- Oversee sponsorship relationships leading up to, and onsite at the event, ensuring contracted commitments are met and sponsors receive a VIP experience
- Work cross-functionally with internal content stakeholders to create a cohesive agenda brings together GitHub product, maintainer, open source, customer, and partner stories
- Assist with production work, including taking on a central production role for Git Merge, our community event for 400 developers.
- Continually push to raise the bar for the quality and production value of the events.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.