GitHub helps companies, organizations, and groups of individuals succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking for a highly motivated Senior Sales Operations Analyst - Sales Strategy and Planning to drive Sales Operational efficiency through day to day analysis, reporting, project management and execution of the entire lifecycle of Sales Operations.
The Sales Strategy and Planning team owns the functional work streams that amplify the success of our salespeople. Our team has a hybrid of skills across strategic planning, analytics, process excellence, and systems optimization. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Sales Strategy and Planning, this position will be contributing on some of our highest-profile projects - and working with some of Sales top leadership - to accelerate Sales performance.
This position will be based in our San Francisco HQ.
- Work with key sales leaders on critical strategic, organizational and operational projects designed to increase revenue, sales productivity and operational efficiency
- Work with our cross-functional partners (Sales, Finance, Sales Dev, Marketing, HR) to ensure successful execution of key projects, while continually finding opportunities for ongoing program improvements and enhancements
- Create and implement comprehensive sales headcount hiring plan by territory serving as the master reference document across all groups
- Provide Territory planning support to Sales Leadership; develop and iterate on ongoing territory health metrics, reporting and dashboards
- Become a trusted adviser to our Sales Leadership team to accurately forecast and provide a robust pipeline management cadence
- Analyze health of the business and interpret key performance indicators and performance metrics
- Support the equitable assignment of sales quotas and ensure quotas are optimally allocated to all sales resources.
- Align with cross-functional partners in Sales, Finance, Data Analytics, Sales Comp, Process , Systems and more
- 3 - 5 years of experience in an analytical role in Sales Operations, Strategy, Management Consulting, Finance, or other related fields
- Proficiency with SFDC as well as Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong competency in problem solving, analysis & project management. Ability to identify issues and develop and implement solutions to meet department and company goals
- Self-starter; strong drive and work ethic; willingness to take on big challenges and own the results from brainstorm to execution
- Previous experience working in a fast paced, fast-growing, and results driven environment that demands consistent and enduring excellence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - able to influence others effectively
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 36 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Trust by Default
Ship to Learn
Own the Outcome
Global Product, Global Team
Anything is Possible
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.