GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking for an experienced Product Enablement Engineer to enable the global sales organization with the technical knowledge required to sell GitHub. A Product Enablement Engineer is responsible for planning lessons, coaching, and instructing our sales teams with technical information about GitHub and the Software Development ecosystem so that they know how to convey the true value of GitHub. This role will provide technical enablement to both our Inside Sales and Field Sales teams. This role also will support GitHub's efforts presenting to Fortune 1000 executive teams.
We're extremely passionate about the quality of our work. If you are technically sharp and enjoy enabling non-technical people, you might be a fit for this role! The ideal candidate will have the aptitude and passion to become a master of GitHub’s product capabilities, underlying technology, competitive advantages and fully aware of major trends in Software Development.
- Lead technically themed sessions during on-boarding for all new members of the Sales organization.
- Understand and promote the use of GitHub's sales process, internal tools, technology, and selling methodology to improve sales productivity.
- Create and deliver technical enablement curriculum to ensure reps develop a strong technical aptitude and become fluent in GitHub's technology, integrations, and Software Development trends.
- Enable the sales team on new product enhancements and new product launches, including leading the quarterly product release trainings.
- Educate Sales reps on product implementation and usage through our trial process and Proof of Concept approach.
- Participate in our Executive Briefing Center (EBC) presentations. Educate executive teams around the world on the power of GitHub by co-presenting the GitHub vision to Fortune 1000 executive teams.
- Communicate feedback and perspectives from EBCs, Sales reps, and customers/prospects to appropriate teams to be considered for GitHub's product strategy.
- Act as the liaison between Sales and Solutions Engineering to develop a consistent feedback loop identifying areas where Sales needs additional technical enablement.
- Documenting technical considerations, collecting existing articles, and contributing to internal knowledge bases as a resource for other teams, customers, and partners.
- Enable reps to identify customer business requirements and match them to GitHub product features.
- Participation at Quarterly Business Reviews, conferences and other customer facing events, when applicable.
- Enable reps to build joint customer strategies between Sales and Field Services to encourage product adoption.
- Answer GitHub product questions from reps so they can help customers and prospects take full advantage of the GitHub product.
- Answer GitHub technical questions from reps who are talking to customers who integrate GitHub with their existing development tools and workflows.
- Maintaining awareness of internal GitHub initiatives and the Source Control Management (SCM) industry.
- 5+ years of experience in Sales/Solutions Engineering, technical consulting, or system integration project management for enterprise accounts; customer-facing experience is a must
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Team-oriented and possess strong collaboration skills
- Ability to function in a teaching/enablement capacity, teaching Sales members to achieve their goals
- Passionate commitment to quality and success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to recognize and interpret opportunities and recommend solutions
- Ability to relate technical concepts to reps with limited technical experience.
- Knowledge of Source Control Management (SCM) tools and workflows
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Experience working in or with large Software Development teams
- Ability to work across different time zones
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub workflows
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com workflows
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery practices
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 36 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.