GitHub is changing the way the world builds software and we want you to help change the way we build GitHub. We're looking for an experienced engineer to work with a dynamic and distributed group of engineers building and improving our platform.
The engineers on GitHub's Ecosystem team are responsible for the interfaces everyone uses to integrate with GitHub. These include our REST API and GraphQL API, GitHub Apps, OAuth, Marketplace and webhooks. These integrations are key investments that GitHub is making, and you will be in the driver's seat to decide on what, where and how we invest. You will use technologies necessary to build a resilient, performant and highly scalable platform.
- Helping lead the team's technical decision making and architecture
- Writing robust, maintainable backend code
- Maintaining and improving APIs used by both GitHub and external integrators
- Exploring the technical tradeoffs of every decision
- Reviewing code and leading group discussions about the projects we're working on
- Creatively coming up with systematic solutions to problems within the platform instead of focusing on one-off fixes
- Improving the scalability and performance for our platform
- Mentoring other engineers and their technical & architectural decision making
- 8+ years building software applications at scale
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- Ability to empathize with a diverse range of engineers
- You are known for being a great communicator and collaborator
- You can architect highly available distributed systems and implement them alongside a team
- Bonus if:
- You have used GraphQL in production environments
- You have experience working with GoLang, Java, Python, RoR
- You have maintained a public API over multiple years
- You have built a streaming API or a publicly consumable event stream
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 36 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.