GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. The GitHub sales team is rapidly growing and we’re looking for a highly motivated and energetic Sales Onboarding & Enablement person to help us continue to scale globally.
We are looking for a technically savvy individual to help enhance and drive onboarding for sales roles who are new to GitHub and existing Sales Hubbers who are new to their role. In this role, you will work with all segments of our sales team during the onboarding period including Enterprise Sales, Inside Sales, Account Management, Solutions Engineering, Sales Development and supporting roles.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about training and developing curriculums that accelerate the growth of new sales hires and ensures sales success in driving revenue. This is an amazing opportunity to have a significant impact on the success of our sales team by owning the ramp experience, improving time to ramp our new sales hires, as well as to increase overall business productivity.
Do you have the experience and passion to continue to scale our global sales onboarding program with role-specific content in the lens of the Challenger Methodology? If so, we want to hear from you. This position is based in our San Francisco HQ.
- Lead the design, delivery, effectiveness, and continuous improvement of our existing sales onboarding program to reduce ramp times.
- Deliver bi-weekly onboarding at our HQ offices to all global Sales new hires.
- Manage a blended learning model to include classroom, webinars, self-paced, and event-based training, leveraging conventional and new technologies (e.g., podcasts).
- Coach and mentor new hires throughout their full ramp period and foster a culture of peer to peer and manager coaching.
- Maintain Learning Management System with curated content, self-service, and certification mechanisms, ensuring all GitHub content is current.
- Establish key performance indicators to track sales onboarding program efficacy; work with vendors and Sales Operations team to further develop and maintain KPIs, dashboards, and reporting to drive onboarding improvements.
- Monitor new hire and new to role progress and communicate regular status updates to key stakeholders in Sales Enablement, Ops, and Sales Management.
- Develop, contribute and help maintain sales enablement resources and materials including learning paths, certification programs, sales playbooks and a content library.
- Monitor Slack, e-mails and various online and offline sales channels to respond to Sales questions/comments.
- Support planning and implementing all internal sales events like; Sales Kick Off, Quarterly Business Reviews, and President’s Club, when necessary.
- 3+ years of sales enablement experience and 2+ years of quota carrying sales experience or sales team management experience with emphasis on coaching and mentorship
- Proven track record in creating, delivering, and training a sales org successfully with measurable results in fast paced environments
- Strong ability to represent concepts, as well as summarize and communicate complex ideas into curriculum with a strong sense of how sales professionals think, operate and absorb training.
- Experience developing training guides and/or modules for consumption by a broad audience; this includes the use of presentations, interactive sales exercises and other sales training content development.
- Prior experience and familiarity of working with Challenger Sale a strong plus.
- Strong knowledge of the software development landscape and ability to articulate technical aspects is needed.
- Excellent presentation and delivery skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and changing environment
- You have a collaborative working style, experience working across the company with teams of varied size to achieve common goals
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 36 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Trust by Default
Ship to Learn
Own the Outcome
Global Product, Global Team
Anything is Possible
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.