GitHub is changing the way people build software together. We're growing fast and looking for an experienced Executive Assistant with excellent communication skills and attention to detail to support a C-level Executive.
The Executive Assistant will be a “right hand” to our C-level Executive, serving as a gatekeeper to their schedule and being responsible for supporting a range of projects and processes within the business. This is an excellent opportunity to learn, as you will get broad exposure to different aspects of the business and be entrusted with highly sensitive information on a regular basis. If you are energetic, enthusiastic and comfortable pushing back and saying “no” to others when necessary, this might be the right role for you. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a highly fast-paced environment and capable of making decisions with minimal guidance. We’re looking for an individual who never met a problem they couldn’t solve, and resourceful might as well be their middle name. By nature, this person is well-organized - if your sock drawer is color-coded, vacation plans for next fall already confirmed, files are neatly labeled, and taxes are done a month early, this could be your dream role.
You will also provide light support to other key leaders within the organization as needed.
This role is based out of our San Francisco headquarters and reports directly to the C-level Executive.
You will need to take ownership of the following:
- Manage and organize the C-level Executives highly-complex and demanding calendar
- Effectively act as a gatekeeper and general deputy of time, fielding internal and external scheduling requests and providing recommendations that are aligned with executives’ priorities
- Approach challenges with a positive and solutions-oriented perspective
- Handle highly-confidential and/or sensitive matters with discretion and tact
- Provide in-office support ranging from catering needs to AV assistance
- Plan and coordinate events and offsites, including all logistical and budget requirements
- Proactively develop relationships with key internal partners
- Anticipate the needs of the C-level Executive by consistently staying two (or ten!) steps ahead.
- Proactively resolve time-sensitive issues, demonstrating excellent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans as well as itineraries and agendas.
- Provide administrative support to team leaders, including calendar, and expense
- Assist with presentations, talks and media communications.
- Manage meeting agendas, notes and minutes, and follow-up items.
- Greet visitors upon arrival and ensure positive experience.
- At least 5 years of experience as an executive assistant in an energizing environment.
- Experience working in technical environments and comfortable with project management.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly like GitHub, project management software, and the like.
- Strong attention to detail when handling priorities, projects, and deadlines.
- Skilled in multitasking across various stakeholder needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled with creative, critical thinking.
- Ability to anticipate and prioritize needs.
- Proficient in office software such as calendars, spreadsheets, presentation apps, and OSX.
- Ability to build positive working relationships with a highly technical audience.
- Flexible when it comes to responsiveness and adaptive to an ever-changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all levels and departments within the organization.
- Professional demeanor and comfortable working with executives and VIP visitors
- 5+ years of executive administration experience.
- Experience working in technical environments.
- Confidence in navigating ambiguous situations.
- Proficient in Google Apps, particularly Google Calendar, and Google Docs.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 36 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.