Software is Eating the World! GitHub sits at the center of this transformation -- the place where over 36 million people collaborate on more than 100 million hosted software development projects.
At GitHub, you will have the opportunity to grow your career in a friendly work environment that includes an office with diverse workspaces, an in-house coffee shop, catered meals, free massages, and generous health benefits.
We are looking to hire a Financial Analyst for our Strategic Finance team. The successful candidate will work directly with members of our senior leadership team to set plans, derive goals, and collaborate effectively with teams to achieve them. We’re looking for an organized thinker who can juggle multiple projects and is excited by the opportunity to scale a high growth, late stage startup.
- Planning & Measuring. Plan the financial trajectory of the business. Work with stakeholders across functional groups to instrument the business and gain exposure to the full P&L with end-to-end accountability. Determine key metrics and measure how resources will be deployed to achieve them.
- Reporting & Communication. Contribute to building the company’s financial plan and drive monthly reporting packages. Provide ongoing communication and collaboration with business partners. Surface the performance of key financial and operational metrics to business stakeholders.
- Strategic Insights & Forecasting. Embrace new information and proactively look for ways to better understand our business performance. Utilize new information to help improve visibility and forecasting.
- Education. Bachelor’s degree.
- Work Experience. 1-3 years of relevant work experience, preferably at a leading investment bank, VC / PE, or other fast growing SaaS business.
- Technical Experience. Experience with sophisticated financial modeling and large data sets. Direct company FP&A experience is a plus.
- Business Intuition. Solid understanding of the key drivers of a SaaS business.
- Self Starter Mentality. Proactive thinker looking to build processes that scale.
- Communication Skills. Distill and simplify complex financial concepts for all audience.
- Interpersonal Skills. Build trust and effectively collaborate cross functionally.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 36 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.