GitHub is looking for a Senior Partner Engineer to join the Partner Engineering team. Our Partner Engineers are passionate about helping our customers and partners successfully integrate with the GitHub Platform and join our growing Ecosystem of powerful integrations.
Our partners build best-in-class developer tools. We care deeply about providing an easy to use, powerful Platform that empowers partners to become a crucial part of your software development workflow on GitHub. In this role, you'll own the technical relationship with our partners: from ideation, to development, to launch, and finally through to business success. You must have the tools to influence a positive outcome in partner relationships and technical projects. You'll do this remotely, on-site with integrators, and in cooperation with your Ecosystem colleagues. This is an opportunity to use both your deep technical expertise with your passion for helping tackle real problems for real businesses on the largest software development platform in the world.
- You'll deeply understand the GitHub Platform by being the "first line" consumer of our Platform and writing novel applications that use our API to demonstrate Platform value to our largest integrators.
- You'll work directly with our partners' technology teams via real time pair programming both remotely as well as on-site and bring back your insights to the larger Engineering group.
- You’ll be presenting various solutions, technologies, and proposals at conferences, workshops, and meetings.
- You'll be the primary technical point of contact in large partnerships with other companies, playing a key role in the software development space and gather technical requirements, perform design review, receive feedback, and work with Engineering teams to ensure the partnership is successful.
- Propose and implement strategic initiatives to improve the integration process for larger integrators. . This may require working with cross-sectional teams, possibly leading the effort.
- Develop tools, documentation, and repeatable processes to help scale GitHub's Platform usage
- You are a software developer with at least five (5) years of experience. You have experience building, deploying, and operating software as part of a business.
- You are confident and empathetic in written and verbal communication and have at least two (2) years of experience in speaking to technical and business audiences. You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are passionate about learning and development for yourself and others. You should have passion to learn, but also teach and mentor other engineers.
- You are intellectually curious and passionate about GitHub’s mission.
- You are results oriented and have a track record of shipping and iterating.
- You prefer collaborating with your colleagues rather than working solo.
- You are willing and able to travel up to 30% of your time to partners, GitHub HQ, and to our conferences.
- You have at least two (2) years of experience as a Partner Engineer, Sales Engineer, Developer Evangelist, or similar roles, having demonstrated your highly-skilled communication skills along with your technical abilities.
- You're comfortable with the GitHub API and have created an integration using it.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 36 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.