GitHub is looking for a seasoned Presentation Designer who can lead the conceptualization, design, and development of presentations ranging from company all hands, executive keynote presentations and sales and product decks including developing or refining the story arc and creating iconography, illustration, and layout. Partnering where needed to brand internal programs, build out infographics or other means to communicate timelines and programs effectively. Successful production designers should have a breadth of understanding about business marketing collateral creation, graphic design, and translating complex messaging and stories into elegant and easy to understand visuals.
As a Presentation Designer at GitHub, you’ll work directly with our leadership team members to creatively translate internal narratives into clear, compelling, and visually interesting presentations. You’re passionate about setting the bar high and maintaining excellence in all aspects of your work, from production to communication.
Our ideal applicant is self-motivated, detail-oriented, and, above all, proactive. We look for Deck Designers with excellent communication skills, an ability to stay nimble and responsive to ever-evolving requests, respect for confidentiality of highly sensitive information, an understanding of creative methods and thinking, empathy for the needs of all stakeholders, and strong project management skills to ensure projects ship as planned.
- Work with stakeholders to understand goals, target audience, and messaging.
- Utilize collaboration and design tools, along with design best practices, to create presentation decks for our internal stakeholders.
- Ensure design production under tight timelines.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with members of cross functional teams including Communications, Marketing, HR and Design.
- Partner with the Creative Director, Designers, and Copywriters to contribute to the creation of concepts through active participation in brainstorms.
- Ability to be on-site for major company events to ensure presentations run smoothly, sometimes with last minute changes.
- Articulate design choices and rationale to internal teams and stakeholders.
- Strong visual storytelling capability, both narrative flow recommendations and ability to maximize visuals in several channels.
- Proactive tendency to communicate progress on projects with stakeholders and ability to manage one’s own timelines, milestones, and deadlines.
- Mastery of Keynote, Google Slides, and PowerPoint as a storytelling design tool to delight and inspire.
- Maintain consistent GitHub branding throughout presentations with a variety of themes and messages.
- Design degree is not required, but is a plus (so is the equivalent demonstration of design experience and aptitude).
- Ability to quickly adopt and understand new technology and tools.
- Desire to help other team members grow.
- Ability to share and receive feedback on design direction
- Ability to learn from teammates and stakeholders
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
- General understanding of GitHub’s industry and business context is a plus.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 31 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.