GitHub is seeking an individual passionate about technology and helping individuals and organizations in their journey to practice modern software development. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to research and deeply understand problem areas in tech, and craft targeted solutions that redefine business as usual.
- Work with cross functional teams to identify, create, and evaluate program offerings
- Develop necessary assets to support consistent delivery of all offerings. Examples include: outlines, manuals, Learning Lab courses
- Establish quality metrics for new and existing program offerings
- Prepare and deliver pilot workshops that enable delivery teams to facilitate new program offerings
- Prepare sales assets and enablement to support program offerings. These include: internal documentation on the offering, pricing information, slide decks, and catalog collateral
- Have owned the development of curriculum or programs including conducting needs assessments, writing and assessing learning outcomes, and delivery
- Comfort in creating offerings in all formats and modalities: in person, remote, asynchronous, distributed over days/weeks/months
- Skilled at converting knowledge into learning experiences
- Ability to synthesize feedback from co-workers, customers, and channel partners into meaningful offerings
- Have developed software and are familiar with modern software development practices
- Comfortable speaking with technical audiences
- An understanding of DevOps tools and technologies, such as: CI/CD, infrastructure automation, orchestration, container concepts, and cloud infrastructure
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others, including customers and team members
- Strong attention to detail
- Travel: 10-20%. Limited travel required for internal meetings and events
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub workflows
- Instructional Design experience creating multifaceted programs (i.e., consultations, in-person training, asynchronous courses)
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 31 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.