GitHub is seeking an expert DevOps practitioner with a passion for helping others succeed. This role will design and build certification programs for those who apply DevOps practices in their organizations or personal projects. You’ll have a unique opportunity to influence the adoption of DevOps best practices across the globe and advance your position as a thought leader within the DevOps community.
- Build certification programs that allow individuals to demonstrate proficiency in building DevOps pipelines with the GitHub platform and ecosystem
- Own the strategic development of the certification program for the GitHub community, authorized service providers (ASP), and channel partners
- Build example DevOps pipelines for various tech stacks to be used in teaching and assessments
- Own the relationship with certified individuals, to include continuous learning, regular touch points, and renewals
- Expert in DevOps methodology, tools, and technologies such as: CI/CD, infrastructure automation, orchestration, container concepts, and cloud infrastructure.
- Experience teaching others about DevOps. Examples include: delivering conference talks, teaching workshops, and/or writing tutorials.
- Proven record of forging and maintaining relationships with external stakeholders.
- Collaborative and team-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and organized to collaborate with a fully remote team.
- Travel: 10-20%. Limited travel required for internal meetings and events.
- Experience building certification programs
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub workflows
- Experience with partner/channel enablement
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 31 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.